Member Array
    Car:
    CL9

Insurance question.

I’m with AMMI and have my FD civic full comp insured.

The only mods are being dumped on pedders springs and 18x8 and 18x9 rims.

AMMI know its lowered and on 18’s but don’t know how low or how wide my rims are.

Am I fooling myself into thinking they’d pay out if I got into and accident??

Anyone had experience with companies not paying out because of mods?

Thanks for anyone who can help out with stories or anything..

wake up and take some sleeping tablets.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Vti-R
    Best bet is to ask them man, when I was insured with Just Cars (which is a division of AAMI anyways) and had an accident when a brake line failed, they repaired everything except the brake lines because I was unaware they weren't standard and had standard brakes on my policy; they got the car repaired and towed to mine then did the brake lines myself.

You'd be unlucky not to get any claim I reckon, my car was also lower than 100mm for a few years and never got refused a claim because of that.

I changed to NRMA last year and they don't ask anything about mods, you have an agreed value and that covers everything you have done on the car. All companies operate differently so while I reckon you'd be ok, if you're still uneasy about it just call them and ask!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    thank you kindly sir!!

i was under the impression that if the vehicle exceeds minimum specifications by too much (unroadworthy) then the insurance company can knock back a future claim. The car still needs to comply with specific state requirements otherwise it would be deemed undrivable. A friend had his claim knocked back because his car was too low even though he listed it on the policy.

read the following mate:

http://www.aami.com.au/car-insurance...surance-policy

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    oh well. if worst comes to worst i'll tow it home and jam the stock stuff back on....

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Vti-R
    haha right on

I think Nrma is the only insurance company that covers all mods on a car as long as its road worthy