Cool Obd2 Obd1 B18c2 Swap

Hey.
    At the moment im in the process of sorting everything i need to replace my sohc vtec to a b18c2 package i bought from Vvvtec (from here) into my eg sedan.
    The motor package(engine,gbox,engine loom, dizzy, intake ecu etc……) I bought was from 98, so it is obd2a. My car is obd1.
    From my research, is it true that I can either:
    Use the obd2a engine loom with my obd1 car loom, using the obd2a ecu with a conversion harness (rywire etc)
    Use the obd2a engine loom (including all obd2a injectors, dizzy etc??) with my obd1 car loom and use a chipped p28 from rywire or phereable etc...

If this is correct?
    advantages/disadvantages to both?

Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    i think you may be able to use the same engine harness, plug it into the existing suspension tower harnesses and just use an obd1 p72 ecu, Pretty sure!! might need to add 2 wires.
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

still need to wire in O2 sensor (heater) and knock sensor

Yeah but i cant seem to find an obd1 p72, locally anyway.. if anyone has an obd1 p72 let me know.

do you mean wire the actual o2 sensor in or run wires directly from the ecu to the 02 sensor? and knock sensor already has a plug on my engine harness so i wire it directly from ecu aswell?

Member Array
    Easiest is to get an obd1 loom to obd2 ecu harness as mentioned from rywire

if you want to save money, get on ebay and buy off zergindustries
    around $100 shipped.
    PM me if you have b series performance parts!

yes need to wire from ecu to engine loom, because the wires won't be in your "car loom"

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Iv got a P75 ECU that is socketed and I can put a P72 chip in it for you. you can tune it in the future with Crome, Neptune or hondata

ECU has IAB, PO2H and VTEC

PM Me if you need it

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Another alternative is to get your existing sohc vtec obd1 ecu socketed/chipped and then tuned to match the new b18c setup. Once chipped the ecu can be programmed to match the existing sensors which the ecu supports which is the same as those on your sohc vtec engine. Which means you do not have to make any changes to your existing loom if you do not want to, but at the sacrifice of using the single wire O2 sensor vs the 4-wire on the b18c and also the knock sensor and vtec pressure oil switch if used on the b18c engine. These additional sensor can be disabled in in the program and If tuned properly there will be no difference in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    Iv got a P75 ECU that is socketed and I can put a P72 chip in it for you. you can tune it in the future with Crome, Neptune or hondata

ECU has IAB, PO2H and VTEC

PM Me if you need it
    hey mate could you clear your pm's? cheers.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    cleared dude

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Was the motor faulty?
    SSpamily

Nah motor was perfect, I ended up wiring ks and o2 and buying a patch cable to use the obd2 ecu which came with the engine with my obd1 eg