Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by manonastick View Post
    Just a redesigned interior + new front/rear bumper that looks decent will get them a fair few sales + maybe half the price tag will get them somewhere in australia.

Soo far new cars im looking forward to is the new rx-7/9 based on the new 2015 mx-5 chassis
    Exactly. 80k is way too much money. I mean the S2k interior was as luxurious as a prison cell. And while 170kw from a 2ltr engine was super impressive back in 99 because v8s were struggling to make that amount, it's really nothing special in this day an age where competition from hot hatches easily eclipse in performance. Maybe if it made 250kw, we could excuse it.

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Exactly. 80k is way too much money. I mean the S2k interior was as luxurious as a prison cell. And while 170kw from a 2ltr engine was super impressive back in 99 because v8s were struggling to make that amount, it's really nothing special in this day an age where competition from hot hatches easily eclipse in performance. Maybe if it made 250kw, we could excuse it.
    Very true, hot hatches these days are fun, practical and fast, its become a hard world for honda, if they re-released it in Australia again for 80k i would be more happy to pay a premium in servicing bmw 135i than the s2k. Soo the chances a pretty low for re-release in australia as the 86/brz is the car of value and fun and price way competitively compared to honda's best sport car (hot hatch i should say) the Cr-Z. I love my s2k to hell but if i shopping for new sports it isn't going to be the s2000 unfortunately i will have to say.

I dunno, now thinking about it, i was getting excited but thinking more deeply into it it seems like a bad business purposal for honda. . .
    hopefully honda will announce the next generation S line car instead at the next motor show. A Affordable convertible that pushes the 86/brz off the bridge would be come back for honda.

My statement remains true to only looking forward to the new series mazda rx series and the 86/brz as of now
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    im looking forward to brz sti wooooo

Still wouldnt be as good as the original F20C. I mean now Honda have moved away from VTEC, it will bring it out with the I-VTEC or something else - eitherway the F20C MADE the S2k..
    EG

Or turbo charged like the new type r?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    If Honda decided to release a S2000 Type R, then perhaps that would sell. Although, not if it has that much Chrome on it. I reckon Honda could squeeze 250kw out of the f20, especially if they're adding all the tech from the new "A-Vtec" which adds DI as well. Then, that would be a proper sports car. I don't get why Honda has been holding back either, especially since nobody is caring about the old 280HP limit in Jap anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    If Honda decided to release a S2000 Type R, then perhaps that would sell. Although, not if it has that much Chrome on it. I reckon Honda could squeeze 250kw out of the f20, especially if they're adding all the tech from the new "A-Vtec" which adds DI as well. Then, that would be a proper sports car. I don't get why Honda has been holding back either, especially since nobody is caring about the old 280HP limit in Jap anymore.
    For tuners running in GT class races it pretty damn hard to squeeze 300hp out of n/a f20c. The cost will shoot up the roof for 250kw out of the f20c which only has 170kws. It wouldn't be a f series any more and that power is more achievable and affordable in the v6 class which will ultimately make the car heavy (it can be relatively light in if aluminum was used but still. . .) and no 50/50 weight distribution. Honda engines are amazing but lets be honest here, the future is more towards using forced induction as much as i hate it ;C if honda brings a factory vtec turbo that will be interesting. I'll just wait to see what honda is going to announce in the motor show in a month. The new type r sounds interesting if anyone has read about it
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I haven't. Link?

Yeah I was thinking just that - turbo. Everybody is doing it and you wonder how long Honda will stick to the whole NA thing. They've done turbo cars before...

Quote Originally Posted by cend0l View Post
    Honda should stop banking on the s2000. They need an "enthusiast's" car to compete with the 86s and BRZs. Use the HSV design
    Completely wrong class of cars...

HSV is more competition for R35, LF-A, Supra, RX-7, etc
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Saw this while at TAS...

Also saw some other hondas

hnnnnggg that mugen crz

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by manonastick View Post
    For tuners running in GT class races it pretty damn hard to squeeze 300hp out of n/a f20c. The cost will shoot up the roof for 250kw out of the f20c which only has 170kws. It wouldn't be a f series any more and that power is more achievable and affordable in the v6 class which will ultimately make the car heavy (it can be relatively light in if aluminum was used but still. . .) and no 50/50 weight distribution. Honda engines are amazing but lets be honest here, the future is more towards using forced induction as much as i hate it ;C if honda brings a factory vtec turbo that will be interesting. I'll just wait to see what honda is going to announce in the motor show in a month. The new type r sounds interesting if anyone has read about it
    250kw maybe a bit too high, but they need at least 210kw to make it special. I'm not saying put a V6 in there, but there should be various other mods that Honda can implement to increase the power. Don't forget that the F20 is over a decade old. There are tons of aftermarket parts for it and heaps have been put into R&D. Considering they are charging $80k for a 14 year old car, they should either drop the price dramatically, or do something about it to justify it having such a high price tag. A BMW Z4 can be had for the same price, and it's easily more luxurious and faster in the straight line. Not to mention 250kw can be achieved atw for a k24 powered CL9 with $15k worth of parts, I would say the F20 should easily break the 200kw barrier.