Thread: Secure Boot cl9

Angry Secure Boot cl9

Hi Guys,

Just got the euro recently and I am loving it. However one thing confuses the hell out of me. There a lock where I can lock the latch that opens the boot. After locking that I can still open the boot with the key. (Now that's all fine)

What confuses me?
    If I unlock the doors, I can open the boot by pressing the button on the boot. If this is the case --> WHATS THE POINT OF HAVING THE LOCK IN THE FIRST PLACE???? Theoretically speaking, if a thief wants to rob my boot. They can smash my window, unlock the doors and THEY HAVE ACCESS TO MY BOOT.

So is there something I am missing here? I just don't understand. Our family car has been robbed recently and so I am looking for a solution to this theft problem.

Thanks guys

Tony

Pretty sure the lock is meant for your keyfob ie. when the switch is in lock mode you can't open the boot using the remote boot release button keyfob. It's definitely in the owners manual somewhere though.

Also if they smashed your windows and tried to open the doors the alarm would sound I think. I do recall winding my windows down and locking the doors, then reaching in and opening the door resulted in the alarm going off.
    Last edited by peetah; 02-01-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    From memory the manual says it's for if you're worried about someone running over and pinching stuff from your boot while you're stuck in traffic... I think.

Not 100% sure on the euro. But most sedans have a switch in the glove box (in front of passenger seat) that gives you the option to lock the boot from being opened by remote/button inside cabin or service/valet key.

if im not wrong, there should be a master key (black) and a valet key (usually gray).

broken lock?

i shall have a look the next time i get in the car. but when i turn the lock next to the latch, i can still open the boot with the remote on my key. The lock only locks the latch.
    Does this mean my lock is broken?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro cl9
    as far as i can remember you can lock the latch release next to your seat with your key which only locks that release.
    You can also lock the release button on the boot itself by flicking a small switch in your boot next to the light. The key fob release will always work regardless.