Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by connorling View Post
    i dont think the OP would take this new car to track, would you think having the LSD benifit for daily street use?
    re-read what i wrote, i never said anything about track or if LSD being better. i simply said get the 09+ if LSD is what he wants

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I think the point connor is making is that an LSD isn't worth forking out for for street use only
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I spin my wheels on heavy take off with 410mm of tread to the road. Image having half the grip.

Powerful,light and FF needs a LSD.

LSD is a must if u plan to give it a little. And if you planing to drive slow, get a camry!

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by XP02ED View Post
    re-read what i wrote, i never said anything about track or if LSD being better. i simply said get the 09+ if LSD is what he wants
    i was asking if it is worth it to have a LSD for street use car.

Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    I spin my wheels on heavy take off with 410mm of tread to the road. Image having half the grip.

Powerful,light and FF needs a LSD.

LSD is a must if u plan to give it a little. And if you planing to drive slow, get a camry!
    true.

just that i didnt have any LSD on my EG b18c before, and it was mainly used on the street, and i didnt have the need to put LSD in.

even after i turbo it, with good tyres and suspension set up, it was still fine without LSD on the street, then when i started tracking my EG, i realise i need LSD.

from my experience with the EG, might be its different to the FN2r, LSD wasnt needed on the street.
    of course it would be nice to have LSD on the street, but it wasnt necessary if you know what i mean.

anywau, OP, get the newer model FN2r with LSd.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Quote Originally Posted by DVS-00R View Post
    ^ Shepparton, don't be a dickhead.

I did not start this EP3 is faster conversation. I mentioned the EP3 when I was talking about the Top gear review.

Also I never asked about the performance factor between the two as that is not a concern so I suggest you learn to read
    you too dkhead, you here to ask what to look for, OR discussing top gear review EP3 vs FN ??
    h2b all motor- RIP
    FN2 -RIP
    GTI- RIP
    A 45 AMG -RIP
    C63 C205

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    hes not asking what car to get, his asking what FN2R to get - newer or older.

if you can afford to lash out for a newer one then do so, but if you dont think you need an LSD and the other updates that came with it then save the cash and just get an older one.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    hes not asking what car to get, his asking what FN2R to get - newer or older.
    exactly.

didnt think its so complicated

doesnt make sense,isnt it?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by gu357 View Post
    hes not asking what car to get, his asking what fn2r to get - newer or older.

if you can afford to lash out for a newer one then do so, but if you dont think you need an lsd and the other updates that came with it then save the cash and just get an older one.
    neither!

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    neither!

obviously you dont have anything useful/relevant to add to this thread then.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Gee so much hate for the FN2R. Come on guys, each iterating of Type R has been controversial, with the same types of people telling potential EP3R buyers to get a DC2R instead as it's the more hardcore car.

Maybe the OP, and a lot of the population, aren't looking for the more hardcore car? Sorry guys but a lot of you are driving much cheaper cars and spending a bit of money on them. WORSE, you have never driven an FN2R however have made your mind up watching a entertainment show and a fat old dude bagging out the car (a company who then submitted their official review and gave it Hot Hatch of the year). Sure, the OP could buy an EP3R or DC2R, but he chooses not to because he wants a more modern, grown up car which still has a bit of go, but is still efficient, reliable and fun to drive.

The comments on this forum about the FN2R are indifferent to Falcadore drivers bagging our Japanese 4 banger sh!t. Grow up guys.

By the way I would like to note before I get flamed that I am not saying a cheaper car is necessarily a worse car. I am a huge fan of pretty much every Honda and have spent thousands on all my old Honda's. The FN2R would be my first 'modern' Honda and while I too was skeptical, I shut my mouth and test drove one before I put my deposit on an EP3R (yes, I was that close). I'm glad I did, because, in MY opinion, the FN2R is a much nicer car to be in with better steering feel, an awesome interior and an overall a much more grown up car. Yes, I will admit the EP3R did feel a bit perkier, but it was ultimately my decision (as is the OPs) to drive the FN2R over the other 'more hardcore' type Rs. It's a matter of choice as to what you want to drive. I can easily spend the same money (and more) and build an EG that will destroy pretty much every FN2R on the street but that's not what I'm looking for in a car. Good on you if you decide to do this.

A last note to all the kids - I am yet to meet a girl that loves the look of the EP3R, however heaps would agree the FN2R looks great. Immature note, however so is 95% of the comments on this thread.

By the way guys, the OP is coming from a car much faster than most of your cars. I think it's obvious he is not looking for a 'more hardcore' car.

*NOTE: I'm a huge Top Gear fan. I just don't take them too seriously and note to myself that most of what they do is for entertainment value.
    Last edited by androo; 10-01-2013 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Added Top Gear love comment

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    ^ well said, now i remember why i stopped posting here

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    Gee so much hate for the FN2R. Come on guys, each iterating of Type R has been controversial, with the same types of people telling potential EP3R buyers to get a DC2R instead as it's the more hardcore car.

Maybe the OP, and a lot of the population, aren't looking for the more hardcore car? Sorry guys but a lot of you are driving much cheaper cars and spending a bit of money on them. WORSE, you have never driven an FN2R however have made your mind up watching a entertainment show and a fat old dude bagging out the car (a company who then submitted their official review and gave it Hot Hatch of the year). Sure, the OP could buy an EP3R or DC2R, but he chooses not to because he wants a more modern, grown up car which still has a bit of go, but is still efficient, reliable and fun to drive.

The comments on this forum about the FN2R are indifferent to Falcadore drivers bagging our Japanese 4 banger sh!t. Grow up guys.

By the way I would like to note before I get flamed that I am not saying a cheaper car is necessarily a worse car. I am a huge fan of pretty much every Honda and have spent thousands on all my old Honda's. The FN2R would be my first 'modern' Honda and while I too was skeptical, I shut my mouth and test drove one before I put my deposit on an EP3R (yes, I was that close). I'm glad I did, because, in MY opinion, the FN2R is a much nicer car to be in with better steering feel, an awesome interior and an overall a much more grown up car. Yes, I will admit the EP3R did feel a bit perkier, but it was ultimately my decision (as is the OPs) to drive the FN2R over the other 'more hardcore' type Rs. It's a matter of choice as to what you want to drive. I can easily spend the same money (and more) and build an EG that will destroy pretty much every FN2R on the street but that's not what I'm looking for in a car. Good on you if you decide to do this.

A last note to all the kids - I am yet to meet a girl that loves the look of the EP3R, however heaps would agree the FN2R looks great. Immature note, however so is 95% of the comments on this thread.

By the way guys, the OP is coming from a car much faster than most of your cars. I think it's obvious he is not looking for a 'more hardcore' car.

*NOTE: I'm a huge Top Gear fan. I just don't take them too seriously and note to myself that most of what they do is for entertainment value.
    i salute to this post

S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC