Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz+Evo

FN2R - What to look for?

Hey all,

Thinking of getting a FN2R, is there anything in particular I should look out for when inspecting one?

Are there any known problems they have?

Besides the LSD and bluetooth is there much difference between an 07 to an 09 model?

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz+Evo
    No.

What's the point of a forum if you can't ask questions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DVS-00R View Post
    No.

What's the point of a forum if you can't ask questions?

Thanks
    Never said you couldn't/weren't allowed to ask questions, no point getting defensive or jump to conclusions.

I purely asked a question, which was directly as to whether if you were aware of selected search functions that are available.

The links I provided above, may or may not directly relate to your question, but are going to provide the answers that you desire.

I wish you the best of luck in your future purchase.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz+Evo
    Lol not upset bro hence the happy face...

Tried a search on here but came up with nothing.

Once again thanks for the links but still not 100% on which year model got what etc or if the lsd or bluetooth was a standard or option in the 09+ model.

Biggest differences when it was revised was the addition of the colour option of Championship White, they came standard with LSD, reverse sensors, foot well lights and rear view mirror dimming function.

Most of those things can be added as aftermarket options, but you may find minor tweaks of other parts that aren't noticed as easily.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz+Evo
    Oh cool that makes it easier for me to be able to tell if it's an 09 model now.

I've seen a couple of 09 model ones on the net but when I typed their number plate into the RTA system they state that it's an 08 model. But I suppose I could just check the build date plate in the bay.

Also I read something on here that only the 09 models made after May or something came with the LSD, is there any truth in that? Is there a way to check if it has the LSD?

Cheers!!

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    go as later model as your willing to afford, generally the newer the better condition it will be.
    although if u find an older one with LSD in decent condition it would be cheaper. or get one and install aftermarket LSD, so you dont have to worry.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18C7
    EP3R over FN2R

.. top gear, Jeremy says it all .
    " MY VTECC GOES BWAHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHH BWA BWA BWAAHHHHHHH "

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz+Evo
    I'm not getting a FN2 for the speed or cornering factor otherwise I would just keep my Evo if that were the case.

I've been in the JDM turbo scene for over 10yrs and can't jump into an Accord euro just yet so the FN2 is kind of my dialling down type of car (if that makes sense lol) and because it's newer.

It will be very hard to let the Evo go, might even shed a tear or two
    Last edited by DVS-00R; 05-01-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DVS-00R View Post
    I'm not getting a FN2 for the speed or cornering factor otherwise I would just keep my Evo if that were the case.

I've been in the JDM turbo scene for over 10yrs and can't jump into an Accord euro just yet so the FN2 is kind of my dialling down type of car (if that makes sense lol) and because it's newer.

It will be very hard to let the Evo go, might even shed a tear or two
    Ahh, yes I went the full route, Jazz > AE111 > S14 > Euro, suprisingly the euro isn't a bad drive if you put it into sports ( wouldn't bother buying a manual euro ). although I have an eg for track duties.

With new cars there generally aren't many problems with it, I'd say do a vehicle history search to make sure it hasn't been written off, check panel gaps/paint, wear and tear, signs of rust and general service history.

Chances are you may be able to find an FN2R with extended warranty ~5 years as I did with my 2008/9 euro and I'm not flustered if anything goes wrong, would just take it straight back to the dealership.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyybruh View Post
    EP3R over FN2R

.. top gear, Jeremy says it all .
    Thats because EP3R's are made in England with the JDM K20A

The FN2R was shipped over with the homo K20a and the Jap's kept the real FN2R to themselves....

Bastards, sharing is caring!