Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2 Lux Navi 6MT

CU2 Rain sensing wipers not working after windscreen replacement

I have just had the windscreen replaced by Obrien's in my 2008 CU2 Accord Euro Luxury Navi. Since the replacement, the rain sensing wipers are not working. When I put the wiper stalk into the auto mode, the wipers start as if they are on an intemittent function.

When I rang Obrien's, a repair man came out and said that the battery should have been disconnected when replacing the windscreen, which wasn't done, and now they want me to take it to Honda to have some sort of reset done. I rang my local Honda dealer and they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.

Has anyone had similar issues and if so, how did you go about getting it fixed. I feel as though Obrien's are trying to fob me off, but I feel it was a dodgy install as they also forgot to re-connect my wiper washers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Call Obrian head office and complain. Make them organise the reset with Honda and get them to give you a courtesy car in the mean time
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Common issue after replacing windscreen. The sensor for the wipers is on the glass behind your rear vision mirror. It's possible it wasn't re-attached properly, or it may need recalibration for the new screen, or the sensor may be obscured (or worst case was damaged). Another possibility - O'Briens are aftermarket windscreens, which may be different enough to the OEM one to cause optical problems with the rain sensor.

At any rate, O'briens should arrange to fix it for you.

- HZ

Hi SteveH,

Following our discovery of your recent post and feedback on OzHonda.com, our Technical Department has done some further investigation of the issue you've experienced with the non-functioning rain sensor.

I believe the O'Brien branch has already been in touch with you to arrange a time to replace the windscreen with a different model, which should rectify the problem.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you and hope to correct the issue for you as soon as possible. Please give our Contact Centre or the local branch a call on 13 16 16 if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
    Veronica
    Customer Experience Manager
    O'Brien®
    www.obrienglass.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    wow. nice spotting veronica. how the hell were you able to find his post lol.

customer ecperience manager skills not to be trifled with.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    yeah I didnt know OBrien got Anonymous working for them

that computer skillz to trace all client online!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2 Lux Navi 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Brien View Post
    Hi SteveH,

Following our discovery of your recent post and feedback on OzHonda.com, our Technical Department has done some further investigation of the issue you've experienced with the non-functioning rain sensor.

I believe the O'Brien branch has already been in touch with you to arrange a time to replace the windscreen with a different model, which should rectify the problem.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused to you and hope to correct the issue for you as soon as possible. Please give our Contact Centre or the local branch a call on 13 16 16 if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
    Veronica
    O'Brien®
    www.obrienglass.com.au
    Hi Veronica,

The O'Brien branch contacted me after I sent an email to the main contact email on the O'Brien website. Hopefully the replacement windscreen fixes the problem. (I also have no idea how someone from O'Brien's found this post)

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    Detective Brian Oconnor is here !

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Hi Veronica,

The O'Brien branch contacted me after I sent an email to the main contact email on the O'Brien website. Hopefully the replacement windscreen fixes the problem. (I also have no idea how someone from O'Brien's found this post)

Thanks.

Public forum, google archiving, pretty easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Brien View Post
    Hi SteveH,

Kind regards,
    Veronica
    O'Brien®
    www.obrienglass.com.au
    Awesome service, nothing like a bit of online stalking to get the job done. Rep +1

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    These companies are catching on to the internet for PR, finally...

- HZ

Hope you got a Honda OEM windscreen not some China made unit. Mate had a Soarer windscreen replace by OBrien and right in the centre of the drivers eye level there was a slight wave in the glass which distorted the vision.

Also check around the top seals as they tend to scratch the paint easily.
    Last edited by BigBen; 18-01-2013 at 06:37 PM.