Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo

Buying overseas genuine Honda parts

Hi Everyone,

I've got a question in regards to ordering genuine parts for my Honda from an overseas Honda dealer. Some parts I'm not able to get here, but overseas (UK and USA) Honda dealers seem to stock them. Now what I wanted to know is would Honda Australia (or my local Honda dealer) be able to order these parts for me and get them shipped here to Australia?
    When I drove a Toyota this was possible and all I had to do was provide a part number and they did the rest of the work.

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Honda australia are bastards.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Yes they can, BUT! in saying that, most of the time they order from japan only, as that is the main connection they have, as ive had to order some brackets and no other honda dealers had them in stock so japan was the next best thing to get em from...

I hate honda australia with passion, they are bastards, an charge an arm an leg for small an big parts, but wen u need certain things an cant get else where they are best bet lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    FL EP3R
    Is it available in japan? one option would be to order through jesse streeter or perfectrun..

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    Yes they can, BUT! in saying that, most of the time they order from japan only, as that is the main connection they have, as ive had to order some brackets and no other honda dealers had them in stock so japan was the next best thing to get em from...

I hate honda australia with passion, they are bastards, an charge an arm an leg for small an big parts, but wen u need certain things an cant get else where they are best bet lol
    Not sure if they have this part in Japan because I don't think they have the FN2 Civic there. I'm looking for the factory Co-axial speaker upgrade for the Type R FN2 Civic. It's $180 for a pair from Cox Motorsports Honda in the UK, they ship overseas to many countries... except Australia.

This is what I want: http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genui...de-p-1345.html

I understand aftermarket is cheaper, but... I want these factory ones. If I went aftermarket, I'd need a new head unit because the stock one isn't powerful enough to drive any speaker apart from the factory ones. I'm not a fan of aftermarket head units unfortunately.
    Last edited by stevo1210; 12-01-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Can you get someone in the UK to buy them and ship them for you? Like those assisted purchasing sites (PriceUSA)

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    Can you get someone in the UK to buy them and ship them for you? Like those assisted purchasing sites (PriceUSA)
    I don't know anyone in the UK. If it was in the USA, I have someone there to collect whatever parts I needed and send it here.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Do you want to try getting the part from Singapore?

There is a stockist there that I have used before to get OEM parts. I got them to ship parts to me in Australia.

The company is called Thian Seng Motors. This is their website.

http://www.autoparts.com.sg/thianseng/

Not a lot to look at, contact the Waterloo Street branch, ask for Julie and tell her Damien in Perth recommended you.

There are FN2Rs brought in by the Honda dealerships there and they should be able to get the parts.

One thing to note though, if you pay them through paypal, there is a 4% surcharge to cover the paypal fees.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    honda au aint that bad
    sometimes its not worth buying overseas.

e.g. camshaft plug $10 honda au price, not worth waiting weeks/days to save few dollars.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Do you want to try getting the part from Singapore?

There is a stockist there that I have used before to get OEM parts. I got them to ship parts to me in Australia.

The company is called Thian Seng Motors. This is their website.

http://www.autoparts.com.sg/thianseng/

Not a lot to look at, contact the Waterloo Street branch, ask for Julie and tell her Damien in Perth recommended you.

There are FN2Rs brought in by the Honda dealerships there and they should be able to get the parts.

One thing to note though, if you pay them through paypal, there is a 4% surcharge to cover the paypal fees.
    Good site mate!! it helps finding new sources. looks like i should go there when im next in sg. helps that i have family there who can pay in sgd if need be.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    Well thanks for the help guys. I'll keep that link above in mind. First I'll try to contact the place in the UK and see if they can ship here to AU as a one off thing. They do ship to the USA, so I could ship it to a family member in the USA then get them to ship it here to Australia... long way around but it works. BUT, I'll also go to my local Honda dealer and see if they can do anything for me in regards to a special order.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo
    I wanted to know something else in regards to Honda accessories. I was able to find the Co-axial speakers on Honda Access (www.honda-access.com). My Honda floor mats say Honda Access as well? I believe this is where Honda gets its accessories from right?