Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Stroking a block isn't easy. Lots of money involved. A lot of maths involved when choosing parts.

Yes we have engine builders for that, but half or more or all of your budget will go to him as labor costs.

It is great that you chose racing at the tracks, shows us that you're planning your car for circuit.
    My advice, stick with your B16 until you break it. Go to the tracks and get as much as seat time you can, push yourself until you find your limits. Then slowly start upgrading your car. Make wise improvements. Such as weight reductions, brakes, coilovers, tyres + quality wheels. Only build an engine when you can predict your cars handling.

Circuit hero's aren't those people who go buy a car, then go to the track once/twice and then do an instant engine swap. They are not who instantly who go all out buying car parts and then show off to their mates on the streets. They work hard for their own personal lap times and don't compete with anyone else apart from themselves.

My main point is you don't need to stroke your engine, you don't need to have B18C, yeah its gutless POS b16 motor but there are people out there having faster lap times on a B16 than who have Kswapped cars. How, because they buy more track day pass's rather than parts.

This is if your planning to circuit race, if you're a full street king fully sik uleh showing my shit to my mates then ignore what I said.

Good luck, welcome to Ozhonda.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    Stroking a block isn't easy. Lots of money involved. A lot of maths involved when choosing parts.

Yes we have engine builders for that, but half or more or all of your budget will go to him as labor costs.

It is great that you chose racing at the tracks, shows us that you're planning your car for circuit.
    My advice, stick with your B16 until you break it. Go to the tracks and get as much as seat time you can, push yourself until you find your limits. Then slowly start upgrading your car. Make wise improvements. Such as weight reductions, brakes, coilovers, tyres + quality wheels. Only build an engine when you can predict your cars handling.

Circuit hero's aren't those people who go buy a car, then go to the track once/twice and then do an instant engine swap. They are not who instantly who go all out buying car parts and then show off to their mates on the streets. They work hard for their own personal lap times and don't compete with anyone else apart from themselves.

My main point is you don't need to stroke your engine, you don't need to have B18C, yeah its gutless POS b16 motor but there are people out there having faster lap times on a B16 than who have Kswapped cars. How, because they buy more track day pass's rather than parts.

This is if your planning to circuit race, if you're a full street king fully sik uleh showing my shit to my mates then ignore what I said.

lmao

feel my bbc
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B16A2 EG Gli
    Need more opinions guys! So tired at the moment I'll reply tmrw.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Don't bother chasing power.

Get a HD clutch, light weight flywheel, shorter final drive (4.7 or 4.9). Maybe an LSD if you like cornering hard.

Otherwise just get an ITR GBox with a 4.7FD.

You won't know yourself. More drivability, don't need more power. Do that when it's legal.

^

Ditto, don't bother with more power...

Save the money for a car that's already fast, you'll be amazed with what car you can get down the track if you saved the money from major modifications. Just do simple bolt-ons [2nd hand best option] to make the car more enjoyable and personalised then leave it at that =)
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    OGK24A
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post

+1 this guy knows!
    4dr♥