Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8

OBD Port location on a 99 CRV

Hey guys was wondering if any of you knows where the OBD port is on the CRV. I've checked everywhere (behind ash tray, under steering column, where fuse box is, where ECU is, near the lower centre console) and i still can't find out. We pretty much stripped the front dash and cant find it
    Reckon it could of been chopped? Because i had some guy install my dvd player 10 years ago and haven't touched it ever since.

I need it so the mechanic can determine why the car won't start (from the recent timing belt replacement you guys know about)
    Cheers.

Banned Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    Look down under the steering wheel column should be there

you probably won't find that OBD2 consult port on a 99 model Honda

here is some info I found on Google

OBD2 compliant cars. All cars in Australia have to be OBD2 compliant after Jan 2006. And between 1997 & 2006 is a lot of confusion, which vehicles had OBD2, and what is OBD2, do the Falcons & Commodores have it? Why won't an OBD2 Scanner work on my VT Commodore? It has the connector. Because the ADR rules did not require an active OBD2 system in Australia before 2006, MOST VEHICLE MANUFACTURERS did not switch it ON. And depending where the vehicle was to be exported to - they activated it - or not. Their choice.... If a vehicle was imported into Australia from the USA such as a Chrysler Jeep, it had OBD2 - period. Jeep had OBD2 worldwide. On the other hand -If Subaru send their vehicles to the USA it had OBD2, it had to be to get into the country, and When Subaru import into Australia - NO OBD2 as it was not required. They changed that in 2002 when they activated their OBD2 systems on all their vehicles into Australia.
    You must remember -THERE WAS NO STANDARD HERE BEFORE 2006.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Hmm abit confusing, but i looked at the steering wheel column and nothing was there, could it be chopped off or? And i heard the colour of the OBD Ports vary.

And dorikin isn't there a difference between OBD and OBD2?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    99 CRV wont have a OBDII port

Quote Originally Posted by mattsrea View Post
    Hey guys was wondering if any of you knows where the OBD port is on the CRV. I've checked everywhere (behind ash tray, under steering column, where fuse box is, where ECU is, near the lower centre console) and i still can't find out. We pretty much stripped the front dash and cant find it
    Reckon it could of been chopped? Because i had some guy install my dvd player 10 years ago and haven't touched it ever since.

I need it so the mechanic can determine why the car won't start (from the recent timing belt replacement you guys know about)
    Cheers.
    Hi Mattsrea, I'm not sure if you're still looking, but I found your car's obd if you're still looking for it:
    http://bit.ly/1hh1EmF
    Last edited by obdfinder; 01-10-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    AUDM 1999 CRV does not have an OBDII port. Itonly have the SCS and DLC connectors

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    this thread is silly.

OP wants to find a unicorn (without doing any research)

1st person:
    Yeh unicorns are real heres a pic:

2nd person
    Unicorns arent real, no ones seen one.

OP replies
    presumes the worst and displays lack of research in one go

3rd person
    concurs there is no OBD2 port.

4th person posts a picture to something that isnt even a unicorn (not even the same car!)

if you use OBDFINDER for a 99 CRV then you get this
    http://obdfinder.com/index.php?ddlMa...nSubmit=Submit

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by obdfinder View Post
    Hi mattsrea, I'm not sure if you're still looking, but I found your car's obd if you're still looking for it:
    http://obdfinder.com/img/pictures/10278.jpg
    what you have here is an american website. difference is that in america, OBD scan ports were compulsory a lot earlier than in AUS
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    what you have here is an american website. difference is that in america, OBD scan ports were compulsory a lot earlier than in AUS
    doesnt matter it was a picture for a different car.