Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 - DC4 - CRX

Review: Iphone & AUX Interface for CL9 (Plug & Play)

Hey All,

I've got a review on an Iphone & Aux Interface Kit for the Honda Accord Euro CL9 models with Factory 6 Stack CD Head Unit.

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Pictures provided & used in this Thread are not of my own but are of the respective owners. (Pictures were borrowed from the Ebay Link Below)

Product: Wiiki Tech Iphone/AUX Interface Kit.

This Product is for those who want or are looking to add the Iphone/Ipod & AUX feature to there existing OEM Factory Head Unit. Read On....

I had recently purchased a Interface Kit for my car.
    Here is the actual one I bought from Ebay. (Link Below)
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/270836913...84.m1497.l2649

I had installed it and found it was really easy to install and fit. It's practically as easy as 1, 2 & 3 Steps.

Works 100% with those CL9's with the Factory 6 Stack CD Head Unit or any of these other Units as shown below.

This unit is a direct plug and play, very User friendly & very easy to use.

Features: (I have actually tried & used the features)
    -Works with all Ipods & all Iphone's including the Iphone 4S.
    -Charges The Iphone/Ipod
    -Uses the Standard Ipod/Iphone plug (pic below)

-Can Control through Ipod/Iphone, Headunit Controls & YES Steering Wheel Controls aswell!
    -AUX uses 3.5mm Jack for other audio players such as MP3 players.
    (I actually tried to plug the Jack in my Iphone at the top and played music and it still works through that way but of course you wont be able to use the head unit & steering wheel controls)
    -Change to CD (6 Stack) Function or to AUX (Ipod/MP3 player) by a press of a button on your factory unit. (CD/AUX Button on your Factory Unit)

All and all this Product is a Great investment, value for money and improvment upgrade for your Factory Head Unit. Well Worth the wait & The Buy!

Cost: About $65-$70AUD (Kit/Set)
    Shipping: Free with this Seller (Click link above)
    Delivery Time: From CHINA to AUSTRALIA (Sydney, NSW), Approx 4-6 Days from time of Sent out.

I can and maybe will post up a Installation DIY for this product if need be. (I didn't take pics of when I installed it but I can pull it all out again just to take pics and show to all

Here is a Quick & Brief Write Up of Installation. As I Said, its as easy as 1, 2 & 3.

Step 1 - Removal: Remove Bottom Compartment (Under Air Con/Head Unit). But to do so you
    need to pop up or off the transmission cover (Manual or Auto which ever - Gear Lever Surrounds). I did not completely removed mine I Just poped mine off and left it Lose. Then Remove Ashtray by just pulling it out, behind that is 2 black screws, remove them then remove the whole ashtray & Cig Lighter compartment out. Remember the Cig Lighter is still connected so slowly pull it out and unplug 3x connections. Now Remove 2 more screws located at the bottom of the Large Compartment and remove Compartment. It sound alot but this first step can be done in a min.

Step 2 - Plug: Now without removing the headunit itself. Just have a look and feel under the unit for a WHITE Female Plug that is un-used. See pics. (Pics was taken from the net). Sorry I couldn't edit the pic to draw a circle around the female connection on head unit but u can clearly see it in pics and especially the second pic.

Plug the Male connection cable supplied. Now plug the rest in as to the supplied instructions for the interface unit. Now tuck it all in. I made and drilled a small hole in the back of the center compartment to feed the Iphone & 3.5mm AUX Jack Cables through.
    Now reinstall and put back the center compartment and so on in the Reverse step of the other pieces removed.

Step 3 - Play: Now that everything has been refitted and put back into place.
    Switch power on the head unit. Plug your Ipod/Iphone in (should hear a "Beep" on ur Iphone, to indicate that its charging)
    and Select AUX by pressing the "CD/AUX" button.
    Press it twice or untill display screen shows "CD-4". Now your in Ipod/Iphone Mode. Just press play on the headunit.

Here's below a quick Reference Guide on the Display screen when you press the "CD/AUX" Button.
    CD: On Normal CD Mode
    CD-3: On AUX/MP3 Mode (3.5mm Jack Connection)
    CD-4: On Ipod/Iphone Mode (Ipod/Iphone Connection)

Examples: To Play an MP3 or Audio Device, plug the 3.5mm Audio Jack in the desired device then choose
    "CD-3" shown on the display screen, using the "CD/AUX" button on your head unit.
    And to play Ipod/Iphone Choose "CD-4".

Now your ready to go. Enjoy. Hope this Helps for some. If you need more pics on removing the console bits, let me know.
    Like I said its as easy as 1,2 & 3 Steps. 1. Remove Center Console Pieces, 2. Plug Unit in & 3. Play!

NEW PICS ADDED: Of the actual item and its pieces. Below

Last edited by gexter101; 02-02-2012 at 02:48 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    Nice write up!
    Is the IPOD connector good? as in quality?

Can you please post the install pictures - would love to see how easy it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 - DC4 - CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RotaRX View Post
    Nice write up!
    Is the IPOD connector good? as in quality?
    Yeah it seens pretty decent enough. Sound quality out of it is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Scurup View Post
    Can you please post the install pictures - would love to see how easy it is.
    I'll see what I can do mate but Here's a quick and brief write up of installation, check & scroll up to First post for more info.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 - DC4 - CRX
    More and New Photo's Added to First Post, check it out!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    How is the sound quality? because i currently am looking for one, not sure if i should get the xcarlink or this one.
    Less Than Classy.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 - DC4 - CRX
    Sound quality is 100% perfect and I have aftermarket speakers fitted.
    There is No background noise, scratchy, crackly, fizzy or any other unwanted noise/interference.

The xcarlink is a good product aswell. My mate has the xcarlink and I find this product equally as good.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    Just installed it on mine, I can say it's very good and doesn't make any buzzing sounds.
    Install was super easy, only had to drill a hole through the compartment box thing to run the wires through.
    Some pics :

Dodgy hole I made

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Got mine in the mail yesterday, just waiting for some free time to install it !
    Less Than Classy.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    nice, you'll love it. Very easy install. So sick of the radio LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Just installed mine!, Sound quality is amazing! +1 to Kris thanks bro !
    Less Than Classy.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 - DC4 - CRX
    Hey guys, im glad to see that you guys have managed to install it and are very pleased with this product. It's easy as install aye.

Kevin: Thanks for the rep bro.
    3RotaRX: Thanks for sharing the pics.