Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Its not the caliper that needs trimming, its the dust shield. Needs to be slightly trimmed around the caliper. Can do it easily with tin snips or angle grinder.
    OEM parts whore

Any information on a matching rear brake upgarde as well??

also, in regard to the retaining screws in the center, i noticed the mini disc only has one hole but does it line up with the hole on our knuckle?

If the lug holes are a little bigger then original, i'd like to have that retaining screw line up.

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    As far has I know the rear disc brakes are enough

the only way you can get the hole to line up is to put old disc on top of new 280mm disc mark the hole then drill hole
    or drop it off to machine shop to do the job if you think you can't do it

but I would worry too much about it missing lug hole and nut as once the wheel on it clamp the disc to the hub

hope that helps
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by BG-33P View Post
    Any information on a matching rear brake upgarde as well??

also, in regard to the retaining screws in the center, i noticed the mini disc only has one hole but does it line up with the hole on our knuckle?

If the lug holes are a little bigger then original, i'd like to have that retaining screw line up.
    You can mark it and drill it, they are exactly 100mm apart. But this wont make any difference. Majority of cars dont even use retaining screws as torquing the wheel correctly is more than enough.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Yep just torque the wheels up and you will not need the screw. I've been circuit racing without them and no problems.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic Si
    does it mater if my car is non abs or abs?

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen8892 View Post
    does it mater if my car is non abs or abs?
    Nope makes no difference.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic Si
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    Nope makes no difference.
    awesome. great thread btw

Would the stock replacement rotors be able to withstand all the braking at track? Will it warp?

I got a quote from RDA. $120 each for a plain rotor or $150 each for a 'custom' slotted and dimpled rotor :S

Cause I plan to track the car and just wanted to know what sort of temperatures can the stock rotors withstand. Those RDA can withstand I think over 600 degrees?

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    No idea when it comes to temperature ratings.

$120 for a pair or each? $120 each is ridiculous, JDM Yard sells them for $132 the pair blanks, slotted should be around $180-200 for the pair. I think RDA Slotted should be fine if you do a cooling lap as recommended. I do recall Yonas using RDA slotted on the EGK24 at the track.
    OEM parts whore

It was $120 EACH.. That's why I was a bit iffy... If it was 180-200 for a pair of slotted, I can fork that out.

DC2R calipers for $150? :\

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    That's too much for each, I paid full retail $132 the pair from my local parts store, just get a set from JDM yard.

Type r calipers are expensive because they have type r tax lol.

Refer to first post which tells you what calipers you can use and should be able to pickup for around $50 the pair, exactly the same as type r ones.
    OEM parts whore