Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

HELP! Alarm won't off after replacing a flat battery

Alternator faulty and it drained the battery after a week (no time to fix). I bought a new battery to replace the flat battery and intended to drive to nearest workshop. However, when I hook up the new battery, the car alarm goes off. And I don't know how to disable it.

Tried using the key on driver side, turn off position, turn on position and off again.
    Tried unlock the car using key & remote.
    Tried start the engine. (Won't do any good as seems like it will cut off the power and alarm beeping after 10 sec.)

Anyone out there can help?????

Thanks!!!!!

Is this an aftermarket alarm?

They are deisnged to go off when the battery is disconnect, but once the new battery is connected back, you should be able to disable the alarm with the remote as normal.
    EG

Have you checked all fuses also?
    EG

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    Okay with the euro ive read somewhere when changng the battery

battery drained after sitting around a few days. Started but slow to crank over.

So then in goes the new battery but the alarm would go crazy.

the alarm goes off random.Other times, like u said using the key on the drivers side to lock or even unlock the accord.

It just might be a faulty Hood Latch Sensor ..disconnect it!
    Not the ideal but at least it will turn off that alarm and then possible replace the hood latch sensor.

Unhook the battery and try it again with the key in the ignition and in the on position beforehand. Also, start with the negative then the positive
    EG

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    the alarm detects a change in one of the sensors (boot, bonnet, closing or opening a door after its armed. The switches in the boot, door and bonnet are all basic closed\open type switches.

The Cl9 alarm system outputs 12volts through each switch.
    Its got to go thru an open switch or stops by a closed switch. needless to say , the system will arm as normal.
    The only way that it sets the alarm off is a change in circuit, one way or another.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    I had a flat battery in my car after leaving it standing locked for a few weeks. I unlocked the driver's door with the key to get to the hood latch to connect a charger, and when I reconnected the battery after charging the alarm would go off. Ended up locking the driver's door with the key, then reconnecting the battery and it was fine. Haven't had a problem since.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Also, start with the negative then the positive
    Don't do this.

Reconnect the RED +ve first, then the BLACK -ve. Always disconnect the black lead first, and reconnect it last.

- HZ

Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    Don't do this.

Reconnect the RED +ve first, then the BLACK -ve. Always disconnect the black lead first, and reconnect it last.

- HZ
    You just contradicted yourself. THe negative is the black lead.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Um, you should read it again - there is no contradiction...

To be clear:

When disconnecting the battery, disconnect the BLACK -ve FIRST, then the RED -ve.

When reconnecting the battery, connect the RED +ve FIRST, then the BLACK -ve LAST.

- HZ

Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    Um, you should read it again - there is no contradiction...

To be clear:

When disconnecting the battery, disconnect the BLACK -ve FIRST, then the RED -ve.

- HZ
    Unhook the battery and try it again with the key in the ignition and in the on position beforehand. Also, start with the negative then the positive
    How is that different to what i said...
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    For some reason i read that as "reconnect the negative before the positive" (since you didn't specify).

but i think we all have the right idea
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC