Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2012 Euro Luxury Aftermarket Head Unit

Hello everyone,

I want to change the factory head unit in my 2012 Honda Accord Euro Luxury.
    I wanted to install a double din head unit with GPS / Bluetooth etc..
    I'v been looking everywhere to find a solution but i'm not sure what to look for.

Main reason i want to do this is because i currently have 2 amplifiers, front speakers and tweeters replaced and a subwoofer. I feel that the factory head unit is restricting me to accuring the systems full potential.

So if anyone has done this in there 2012 Accord Euro can you please tell me how? is it a complicated modification ? or a simple fascia that replaces the original?

Looking forward to your replies,
    Thank you.

Not as simple as plug and play usually with DIN replacements.
    You will need some knowledge in car electrical.

And maybe some fabrication experience (e.g. trimming parts down to make them fit)

Overall Complexity would be Advanced Car Knowledge

After a week of looking i found it

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/250899646...ht_2208wt_1378

aftermarket part that Australia do not sell.. But glade i found something.

Thank you.

Not quite, be careful Accord isn't Accord Euro, generally doesn't fit.

You can see if you can find parts for Acura TSX, that is the US Equivalent to Accord Euro.

Iv just googled images of the Honda Accord (not accord Euro) and the air vents are located at the top. We're as the Accord Euro vents are located on the sides.

you need one that relocates the after market headunit into the storage unit under the oem headunit, otherwise say byebye to your climate control.

Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    you need one that relocates the after market headunit into the storage unit under the oem headunit, otherwise say byebye to your climate control.
    But the climate controle unit is seperate to the accual stero?
    Both parts come of separately ..

But unfortunalty I'm not sure how the wiring is connected at the back or how it even works.
    I may look for a solution to install a double din in the storage unit as you said just to avoid all that possible hassle and risk from removing the factory unit..

Thanks for the heads up. I will still give a crack at it and if it looks to messy I will try and find a storage unit fascia for a double din..

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by j3rom3 View Post
    But the climate controle unit is seperate to the accual stero?
    Both parts come of separately ..

But unfortunalty I'm not sure how the wiring is connected at the back or how it even works.
    I may look for a solution to install a double din in the storage unit as you said just to avoid all that possible hassle and risk from removing the factory unit..

Thanks for the heads up. I will still give a crack at it and if it looks to messy I will try and find a storage unit fascia for a double din..

Thanks again
    you physically still need to keep the unit, because if you notice, the stereo and the climate control works off the same screen.

you physically still need to keep the unit, because if you notice, the stereo and the climate control works off the same screen.
    Ahh, yes I forgot about the climate control interface was on the LCD display at the top.

Would there be two different inputs on the back of the LCD one for the head unit and one for the climate control? Or would it just be all together in one ?

I might have to pull the whole thing out and have a look myself to get a clear idea.
    Would anyone have any pictures of the back of the factory headunit on the 2012 euro save me sometime ?

Thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by j3rom3 View Post
    Ahh, yes I forgot about the climate control interface was on the LCD display at the top.

Would there be two different inputs on the back of the LCD one for the head unit and one for the climate control? Or would it just be all together in one ?

I might have to pull the whole thing out and have a look myself to get a clear idea.
    Would anyone have any pictures of the back of the factory headunit on the 2012 euro save me sometime ?

Thank you .
    It's runs off the same screen/panel, you can't split it.

You need proper trim removal tools to remove the plastics around it or you will break trim.

I'm assuming you really want the headunit to replace the stock lcd screen because you want to use it for GPS or whatever purposes, if so you would be better off trying to hunt down a unit from a luxury navi model.

In theory most of it should be the same, just that you won't have anything for the reverse camera.

Otherwise you're going to be wasting a lot of your time to do what you want, better off having the double din in the storage compartment and a standalone gps. (surely we don't use the gps on a daily basis)

It's runs off the same screen/panel, you can't split it.

You need proper trim removal tools to remove the plastics around it or you will break trim.

I'm assuming you really want the headunit to replace the stock lcd screen because you want to use it for GPS or whatever purposes, if so you would be better off trying to hunt down a unit from a luxury navi model.

In theory most of it should be the same, just that you won't have anything for the reverse camera.

Otherwise you're going to be wasting a lot of your time to do what you want, better off having the double din in the storage compartment and a standalone gps. (surely we don't use the gps on a daily basis)
    I will try and look for a solution to fit the double din head unit in the storage compartment.
    However if I do go ahead and replace the factory head unit and lose the climate control LCD, will the climate control still work? Just no indication of the temperature, fan level etc..

I will also look around for a Honda factory GPS unit might cost a little more but will save me all the trouble.

Thanks again for all the advice

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord
    I have removed the factory head unit from my 2009 Euro Accord and I can confirm that you DON'T loose the climate control.
    Honda Accord Tourer Exe 2009 (CU2), 2.0l VTEC automatic.