Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPS Speed

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2

GPS Speed

I could not figure out how to get the GPS speed displayed on sat navigation (accord euro CU2 navi). Or it does not have that feature?

I'm not sure how to do it, but keep in mind that the speed according to GPS can be a little inaccurate due to the way GPS works, this is caused by the level of accuracy and the amount of satellites it can find.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    I'm not sure how to do it, but keep in mind that the speed according to GPS can be a little inaccurate due to the way GPS works, this is caused by the level of accuracy and the amount of satellites it can find.
    i found the gps speed is good
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by tinymoon View Post
    I could not figure out how to get the GPS speed displayed on sat navigation (accord euro CU2 navi). Or it does not have that feature?
    I don't see why an OEM navigation would display your speed when it's got a speedo to do that for you.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    I don't see why an OEM navigation would display your speed when it's got a speedo to do that for you.
    No differ then any gps showing the speed.

Remember the cars speedo will be slightly slower!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    No differ then any gps showing the speed.

Remember the cars speedo will be slightly slower!
    I am aware of this but if the car tells you 2 different speeds it's silly

If it's an aftermarket system then it's 2 units telling you 2 different things, do you know what i mean?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Yeah, understandable, there is speedo to tell how fast you are running but the speedo sometime is always slightly slower compared to GPS Speed. The reason why I ask is our other cars (Mazda, Toyota and Nissan) all have GPS Speed display on the sat nav screen horizontally or vertically depend I. Now you set up the information bar.

Beside, I always set cruise control on with GPS Speed.

I tested this out at one stage, speedo vs radar detecter GPS vs phone GPS.

Phone and my radar detector were always 3km/h higher than the speedo, so I thought hey my speedo must be out, went through one of those roadworks signs that display your speed and it matched my speedo, even when through a speed camera and once again speedo won, so just so you know GPS is extremely unreliable and to feel that its accurate enough to give you an accurate speed is a foolish opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    the civic FD reads conservatively

it disagrees with this speedo lolmclol

nothing is truly accurate, even speed cameras are calibrated wrongly sometimes
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    a cars speedo is designed to show slightly faster. Many factor change. Tire size depending if worn or not extra extra. they call it safe and give little allowance.
    Same with a speed camera. If you get a fine for say 61km/h in a 60km/h zone. you would have done around 63-64 past it.
    Last edited by JDM DC2R; 14-02-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    a cars speedo is designed to show slightly slower. Many facter change. Tire size depending if worn or not extra extra. they call it safe and give little allowance.
    Same with a speed camera. If you get a fine for say 61km/h in a 60km/h zone. you would have done around 63-64 past it.
    yuo have this the wrong way around.

A stock car's speedo overstates your speed to avoid having potential lawsuits on their hands

speed cameras generally give u a little allowance though.. As you've stated.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Unless the gps polling rate is really high, it isn't that accurate. Especially going around lots of tight corners. GPS also doesn't consider elevation too.