Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2

jdm dc2 heater/ blower resistor swich

hi, im currently in the process of getting a roadworthy for my dc2 and one of the things to fix was the heater so I can demist my windows my aircon/heater only works currently on high so my mechanic tols me I need a new heater/blower resistor swich, I purchased one but when I when to install it I found out mine what differnt completly I was expecting a coil yet in mine it was differnt below I have atteched a picture of it is this a differnt type of heater resistor swich or is it complelty the wrong thing it was behind my glove box and is the same shape as the hester resistor swich I baught but I diffenrnt shape plug and not a coil
    as mine is a jap import I wasnt to sure weither this is what they use or not

please helpClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20130213_181528.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	24090Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130213_181548.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	24089
    Last edited by tmk93; 13-02-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    you have climate control

the coil is used when you have a fan switch with non climate control ( AUDM )

the transistor is used when you have climate control as the climate control control unit uses that to vary the fan speed rather than a manual switch and resistor.

it may be possible to repair your fan speed controller, possibly blown FET/Transistor

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2
    whats a*FET/Transistor im completly lost when it comes to a/c stuff

Car:
    twin GX160's
    they are electronic switching devices, the round silver thing in the left photo

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2
    ohk thanks
    I saw the whole thing for sale for $100 if I get that would that most likely solve my problem?

Car:
    twin GX160's
    if it looks the same possibly yes

I usually test the old unit to confirm it is dead, sometimes they can be fixed