Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

removing the abs fuse and abs light

hey all,

Currently my abs is fine nothing wrong with it, but I want to temporarily disable it.
    Can I do this by just removing the abs fuse?
    If I do that the abs indicator would naturallly light up.

My question is that if I out the fuse back in will the light go away? or is there something else I need to do to reset it

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Should be ok. I think people who live in snow do this sometimes.

Can I ask why you're doing this?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    if the light did come on then remove the back up fuse or disconnect the battery (-'ve) terminal for 5 mins and it should reset.
    but i think it will be ok.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    if you pull the fuse the ABS Indicator stays on

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ^ lord has spoken!

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    if you pull the fuse the ABS Indicator stays on
    currently my abs is functioning properly etc. and no abs light is up
    but I mean as in if I remove the fuse and the abs indicator will light up (to disable the abs)

but will the light come OFF if i put the fuse back in?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Why would you want to disable abs?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    currently my abs is functioning properly etc. and no abs light is up
    but I mean as in if I remove the fuse and the abs indicator will light up (to disable the abs)

but will the light come OFF if i put the fuse back in?
    Yes. Honda's recommended way of resetting the ABS error codes is to remove fuse marked B2 from the fuse box for at least 3 seconds to clear any errors. If you plug it back in and it remains on, the unit as either faulted or found an error.

B1 - Front solenoids
    B2 - Control unit + Rear solonoid

Im not going to ask why, but just make sure your not around other people/cars (y)

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by carab View Post
    Yes. Honda's recommended way of resetting the ABS error codes is to remove fuse marked B2 from the fuse box for at least 3 seconds to clear any errors. If you plug it back in and it remains on, the unit as either faulted or found an error.
    this information is actually wrong

you cannot reset the ABS ECU by disconnecting the battery, ECU or pulling fuses, you must perform the procedure with the SCS and brake pedal.

Fault in the ABS are stored in non volatile memory ( Not RAM like PGMFI ECU )

if you pull the fuse and drive around then put the fuse back in you may get a fault in the ECU for bad fail safe relay or low voltage.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R

you cannot reset the ABS ECU by disconnecting the battery, ECU or pulling fuses, you must perform the procedure with the SCS and brake pedal.

if you pull the fuse and drive around then put the fuse back in you may get a fault in the ECU for bad fail safe relay or low voltage.
    shieeeettt honda master
    had to reset abs ecu after engine swap, abs light came on for some reason
    reset abs ecu using brake pedal like ecu-mun said. its like a brake pedal morse code combined with ign on/off
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

Ive pulled that info from the service manual, are there a different methods for different models?
    Info is from 94 integra service manual

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Pretty sure Type1 ABS called ALB was the type you could pull a fuse or remove power, the rest required the procedure.

early type 2 systems that are high pressure could be the same but I remember them requiring the PGMFI tester to reset

all later model low pressure systems must be done that way. ( 96 onwards )