Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Red face 2013 Modulo CR-V White

Just like to share on the Mrs new CR-V. Wife and kids are happy with it.

Was desperately finding a CR-V enthusiast forum but not much around, seems the old CR-V had seen better days. New CR-V didnt quite gather the momentum as previous models in Australia. Hope to see more new RM CR-Vs on the road.

Any suggestions/comments welcomed.

With 19 inch Vertini Magic Concave Wheels - 02/13

With 19 inch Vertini Magic Concave Wheels and Full Tint - 03/13

With Custom Red Modulo Leather seats - 04/13

Improvements to be made:
    1) Added 19 inch wheels [done ]
    2) Full tint and Paint Protection [done ]
    3) Pearl Black Vinyl Wrap on Front Grille, with Modulo Emblem
    4) Custom Red Leather Interior with Modulo insignia - [done ]
    5) Lowering H&R Springs - maybe
    6) HID - maybe (likely 6k Lumi bulbs for front and fogs, led swap for plate lights)
    7) Plasti-Dip Red/Black Combo for rear emblems

NB: I do not have the Modulo Front Grill because I felt that the modulo grill looked a tad cheap, and too similar to the Kia. Furthermore, I do like the strong front grill, and if required, I will wrap those in gloss black as well.
    Last edited by wh1tehat; 18-08-2013 at 06:55 PM. Reason: added new photo

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    RC-1
    Congratz for your new car.!!

That Looks Hot..

more pics please..

Didn't realise the Modulo Body kit could change the car so much..

Quote Originally Posted by p0c1 View Post
    Congratz for your new car.!!

That Looks Hot..

more pics please..

Didn't realise the Modulo Body kit could change the car so much..
    Thanks mate!

It's in the morphing stages, going to have it tinted today, and few more other stuff in the next few weeks, and I don't really have a camera at this stage to do its justice.

Will post more in due course, and that's a promise... too bad my very own car is not a Honda; and I have owned Hondas all my life, until they went a little too bland :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya
    That looks good! Keep posting some new updates please!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Very nice looking CRV you got there.

Just personal opinon, why would you want to lower a SUV? Kind of defeats the purpose of getting one in the first place isn't it?
    Old man that drives slow cars

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Very nice looking CRV you got there.

Just personal opinon, why would you want to lower a SUV? Kind of defeats the purpose of getting one in the first place isn't it?
    Thanks for the compliments.

Gap is a tad too big. But very likely, I will NOT lower it, as the H&R springs lower it by 35mm, which I did a physical check, which will allow for only 1-2 cm clearance, plus as I have wider wheels, it will likely hit the guards unless I roll them.

Quote Originally Posted by xanctus View Post
    That looks good! Keep posting some new updates please!
    Cheers mate.

Probably do the leather next, but I can't decide between all black/dark grey with red stitching; or all red with black/white stitching. Not many examples to show for. Several years ago, I had a tricked out Jazz with all red leather which was awesome, but not sure if I have outgrown that

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    i dont like the wheels, i think the Honda 19" options would look better. they look bigger than the 19" u have on now

oops just realised ur car is not the luxury so the 19" wheels are not an option for you.

lol in that case your wheels look better than the honda 17" standard wheels.
    Last edited by UNLS1; 25-02-2013 at 10:12 AM.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Why r u so proud of working for Honda? Top range crv doesnt come with 7seater option.. Nor panoramic sunroof. No diesel option. Godd... No wonder no one buys it anymore...and that vertical taillight....so old fashion.. I love ur rims btw...stop critising other ppl s car using ur dull tongue of voice
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    i dont like the wheels, i think the Honda 19" options would look better. they look bigger than the 19" u have on now

oops just realised ur car is not the luxury so the 19" wheels are not an option for you.

lol in that case your wheels look better than the honda 17" standard wheels.
    Thanks for your frank comments, appreciate it. Always good to receive feedback. I know, some people asked the same questions. Why not VTI-L? You get 18s and all that... but I want 19/20s

To address your comments but in a way also explain my thought process around the VTI-S purchase over the VTI-L.

The 19 inch from Honda looks bigger because the surface is flat, whereas this vertini wheels are concave. I prefer concave with a lip because rolling shots are better. The asking price for those wheels are also too high for something that I think I could get better out there. Plus the rims are heavier than it looks. Vertini wheels are a tad lighter from my understanding. If Honda Australia were to offer rims from Europe or HFP from the USA, I would have considered those options more.

In honesty, they weren't the first choice in terms of rims, I was going for a five spoke concave in matt (dolphin) grey (avant garde M550 19inch), otherwise I would have gone for 20 inch, but due to a delivery difficulty of the provider, I had to settle for the almost the same price the vertini + tyres. Good thing was it was the 2nd choice (my wife's choice) .

Coming to the point of VTI-S over VTI-L, I figured I wasn't keeping the 18 inch wheels, the SINGLE-colour option leather seat was dull (and thin) which meant I was going to change it anyway, I had no need for memory or heated seats ( I had for other car and I don't even use it). The only compelling stuff were the Sunroof, start stop and HIDs. Since the roofline is high, the sunroof wasn't overly compelling, since you probably can't see much out of anyway, I would have acquired in a heartbeat if they came with panaromic roof. Plus if it came with power tailgate -awesome. The HIDs were good, but that means I have to also change the foglights to HID for consistency.

Other than that, calling myself a bit dull, my own hybrid start stop was fantastic, I get that especially with start-stop engine technology, but the CR-V felt gimmicky and the engine doesn't have the start-stop feature found in hybrid or some diesels. And since it was rare for Honda start-stop button apart from CR-Z and the S2000 ( i think maybe type R as well), and offered ONLY in the VTI-L, I was thinking it may be a point of failure , and with the Mrs driving it 90% of the time, I don't know if she can handle a failure .

I rather save the 5-6K and go after all the aftermarket options which I now have "funds" for. Beside the wheels, I am aiming to go for custom leather with modulo/cr-v insignia etc, I have also considered aftermarket dual pane Panaromic roof, weighed the cost options but what ultimately weigh me down was the warranty and structural integrity of the vehicle.

Ultimately, to each his own I guess. I value uniqueness and am willing to pay a small premium for that. Would love to invest in an kahn designed evoque but space limitations and funds prohibit that, and I always do have a soft spot for Hondas

Quote Originally Posted by mrgu View Post
    Why r u so proud of working for Honda? Top range crv doesnt come with 7seater option.. Nor panoramic sunroof. No diesel option. Godd... No wonder no one buys it anymore...and that vertical taillight....so old fashion.. I love ur rims btw...stop critising other ppl s car using ur dull tongue of voice
    Thanks for your compliments mate. Wheels weren't my first choice, but they grew on me. They actually look better in person due to the shiny gloss lip.

I agree the vertical tail-light is somewhat old fashion, still found in Volvos and Nissans, and the rear of the new CR-V is probably the main drawback of the current design. I hoped to break that with the modulo kit, but also "tasteful" (IMHO) wraps around some areas and the hope of probably some aftermarket LED (once they become available).

Again, I will post them up once I fitted them on.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgu View Post
    what a nice comment. there is no need for 7 seat option, Forrester, CX-5 RAV 4 none have 7 seat option, do some research first. Diesel is coming this year. Its selling very well and there is a good wait to get models.
    If you want to post up at least get some facts correct first. child.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.