Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Congrats on the new purchase. Wheels and window tint really set it off.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgu View Post
    Haha.....u r funny ..typical sales man voice ... Make a lot of noise but doesn't make much sense. Around 45k mark more ppl would go for Kluger rather than rav4. When crv heads on with Santa fe diesel. It loses every prospect... Selling well? U don't expect ppl to buy accord or accord euro any more do u?
    what would i know? ive only been doing this for 7 years. I do know u are an idiot with no idea. all mid SUV around 45k sell very well inlc CRV, CX-5 and now RAV 4.
    where do u get all your facts from? please tell me as i seem to have no idea on whats selling and market demand for any segment.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
    Congrats on the new purchase. Wheels and window tint really set it off.
    Cheers mate.

Hopefully will set if off even more with some custom leather and a couple other tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    what would i know? ive only been doing this for 7 years. I do know u are an idiot with no idea. all mid SUV around 45k sell very well inlc CRV, CX-5 and now RAV 4.
    where do u get all your facts from? please tell me as i seem to have no idea on whats selling and market demand for any segment.
    True to a large extent. Strangely enough, the offerings from today's SUVs have a fairly large price range, and probably one of the highest variance of any segment.

However, I believe there's a perceived upper limit for mid sized SUVs to be 50K, and 7 seater SUVs to be upper limited at 65K, and anything above that seems to go into luxury range. At the lower end, it is now starting from 30K.

Once the CR-V and CX-5 cross the threshold of 50K, it starts competing and cannibalising into the 7 seater mid level spec SUV (eg CX-9, Kluger, Santa Fe Elite) or the semi luxury variants (Murano, BMW X1).

Honda is best to bring in a MDX to compete in the 45- 65K range, which is sorely missing from Honda's range now.

On a separate note, if the RAV4 came in a hybrid engine, the case would have been more compelling, but without rear seat air and nothing really special (at least they have a v6 last model), I wouldn't know to what extent would a RAV4 sell other than being a toyota.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    MDX was one of the best cars i ever drove and sold! its a pitty they dropped it here. They did thay only due to volume and not worth converting to RHD for the amount we sell.
    They new MDX is just amazing and if we had it here i would buy one for sure!

also just telling someone u spent 50k on a Hyundai just doesnt sound good lol

MDX was one of the best cars i ever drove and sold! its a pitty they dropped it here. They did thay only due to volume and not worth converting to RHD for the amount we sell.
    They new MDX is just amazing and if we had it here i would buy one for sure!
    Agreed. Unfortunately, the Aussie market isn't big enough, and the USA market is a major market for Honda/Acura. I only HOPE that they bring in the NSX here in 2015. The old NSX still appeals. That will invigorate the brand and bring back fond memories, and since I've got the CR-V, I am in no hurry to get the MDX. Truth be told though, if MDX doesn't come into play in 3-5 years, chances are I would be moving on to the Lexus new SUV, codenamed NX, with the hybrid powerplant, smaller than the RX.

also just telling someone u spent 50k on a Hyundai just doesnt sound good lol
    I used to have the same thought and still do to small degree, but Hyundai has really bucked up their game especially with their onslew on new models and good exterior designs.

Honda has a very good lasting appeal with all their vehicles but quality hasn't much improved over the years. I still have minor gripes on this new CR-V, little things every other day that I find, telling of less than desirable QC in the Thai plant. The Lexus on the other hand, seriously Faultless (but fairly boring to drive :P i must admit) . New GOOD things I find every other day when I first got my car

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    haha yeah true, but remember the $$$ for the lexus so it has to be faultless!
    Ive always admired luxus too.

Consensus / Opinion Seeking

What do you think of this colour scheme for the leather seat (if possible)? Any suggestions/opinions welcomed.

This is self created for now. Combination of Hot Red Cushion, Dark Grey inserts (ideally perforated), white logo and dark grey stitches.

Thanks in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    ohh. for working for honda for 7 years....good on u. i envy u ....honestly... the new rav 4 has a diesel option so does the new cx-5. sign....cough....
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Quote Originally Posted by wh1tehat View Post
    Consensus / Opinion Seeking

What do you think of this colour scheme for the leather seat (if possible)? Any suggestions/opinions welcomed.

This is self created for now. Combination of Hot Red Cushion, Dark Grey inserts (ideally perforated), white logo and dark grey stitches.

Thanks in advance.

not too bad...have a look at ep3r facelift 04-05's recaro colour scheme see if u like it.
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

not too bad...have a look at ep3r facelift 04-05's recaro colour scheme see if u like it.
    Looked at it, similar but reversed, or either that all red, which I kinda liked as well. However, all red might be tad too ricey, and similar to a previously owned car.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    ohh. for working for honda for 7 years....good on u. i envy u ....honestly... the new rav 4 has a diesel option so does the new cx-5. sign....cough....
    tell me about it. Honda are so slow! we will get the diesel but prob not till this year to early next. It will come though. These things do happen. Look at Mazda, the cx5 only came in 2.0 and diesel for arounf 6 months. The key engine was the 2.5 in that time and they didnt have one.

Took the family for a spin up to the hills on the weekend in the CRV loved it. Did really well with 4 adults and a baby.