Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux

Oem MY13 accord euro taillight spotted

WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Yeah, they got the new 2013 Spirior/CU2 out which looks pretty much like the old one Specs and pix are here: http://www.autohome.com.cn/spec/14500/

There are now two powertrain choices: a 2.0 and a 2.4 liter, both the same engines as on the fat Accord because the high compression version of the TSX's K24 can't run on RON93 fuel.

Does it look similar to the 2012 European model? Honda's treating the China market differently I guess. The Elysion luxo van is also sold here but it's a left-hand drive model while the Japanese one is RHD. I don't think it's sold anywhere else in the world except as gray imports.

---
    Edit: I was wrong, the new 2.4 engine is the same TSX unit with 200+ hp, runs on RON97 only
    Last edited by redseven; 18-03-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Yes I think the 2013 new Spirior rear lights look good,wonder if they will also be launced in the Acura TSX,Euro,Accords,etc this year ???

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2, GD3
    Nice find! Lights do look better and looks LED!! Honda yhy you still choose Halogen for our Accord Euros

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by chunsa View Post
    Nice find! Lights do look better and looks LED!! Honda yhy you still choose Halogen for our Accord Euros
    I'm looking for an alternative LED taillight to upgrade. I don't know about Lancer but I have seen some owners upgrade to LED taillight. It look great and stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by redseven View Post
    Honda's treating the China market differently I guess.
    I think they do treat China's market differently, more about the cost vs features. They pay so much however they expect to get so much. If they tried to sell a AU Accord Euro in China it wouldn't sell as much because of competitors giving more features.

Spiror is considered a "Luxury" Car in China, the lowest Spiror model costs like ~AU$33k which is usually car beyond what most Salaries over there are.

Domestic Chinese cars are ALOT cheaper and more affordable.

The Spiror is built in "Dongfeng Honda"'s plant in China. Actually, this is a same model with MY13 CU2 in Australia currently. The tail light and flog light have same little difference between Euro and Spiror because "Dongfeng Honda" changed the design to suit chinese people's taste. Also, the Euro version in Australia has much better quality than Spiror in China because Euro is made in Japan!!!! 2.0L Spiror's engine is a old engine, Honda use this engine is because fuel quality is not good in China. And Spiror is made in China.
    The Spiror in China is just a car for young people. Spiror is not "Luxury" car. Recently, in my hometown, entry level of "Luxury" car is like Audi A6 and BMW 5XX, because luxury sedan in China is more cheaper than in Aus. And at everywhere, you can see a lot of Merc SXXX and BMW 7XX.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    that's because luxury cars are made in China too... where is ur home town?? I disagree with the Spiror being young people's car.. top brand Spiror costs around 220,000RMB= A $ 38000 which is not something young people can afford.. where my home town is Shanghai, for example. i see a lot of Jazz/Fit for being young people's choice

Spiror's engine and built quality is definitely no where near our Euro's here (built in Japan). however, the bit and bobs they offer such as Key proximity entry , Push button start, LED taillight, type S gauge and Lip kits really appeal to me.
    Last edited by mrgu; 30-03-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Hi Mrgu,
    I'm not sure if you grew up in Shanghai or not. I'm from Zhejiang. I came to AUS in 2008. Currently, 220,000RMB in China is not a lot of money any more. Look at the property price in Shanghai (normally at 20,000+RMB/sqare meter??!), what you can do if you have 220,000RMB? But one thing is true, there is culture difference between Aussie and Chinese. Majority young Aussie's wealth is depended on theirself. But young chinese's wealth is depended on their parents. Sprior for young people is Honda's market target. It looks like a sport car. It has good handling. Young people likes it. You see a lot of young people choose Jazz/Fit because their range is not in Sprior's price range. It just like a lot of young Aussie choose Jazz/Fit as well. However, there are a lot of young Aussie purchasing Euro as well. Chinese people whose age is over 30 are more prefer cars like Buick, Accord, Passat and Camry in similiar price range for business purpose.

You can buy 10 square meters?

The Spirior's build quality is pretty good, mine doesn't rattle or have bits fall off. The older models run a K24Z3 fat-Accord engine with lower compression but the 2013 Spiriors run the full TSX 200hp+ engine. The reason the Spirior doesn't sell well in China is because the back seats are too small. For the same price you can get the full-sized Accord with much more room in the back. That's the same reason premium compacts like the BMW 3-series and Merc C-class don't sell well, whereas the stretched Audi A4L is a big seller here.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Quote Originally Posted by redseven View Post
    You can buy 10 square meters?

The Spirior's build quality is pretty good, mine doesn't rattle or have bits fall off. The older models run a K24Z3 fat-Accord engine with lower compression but the 2013 Spiriors run the full TSX 200hp+ engine. The reason the Spirior doesn't sell well in China is because the back seats are too small. For the same price you can get the full-sized Accord with much more room in the back. That's the same reason premium compacts like the BMW 3-series and Merc C-class don't sell well, whereas the stretched Audi A4L is a big seller here.

+1.. definitely true...i am going back next month.. i will source a few cu2 bits and bobs and bring it here.haha

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Hi seattle0099,

how old do you reckon redseven is for driving the Spiror???haha... I came here in 2003 when I was 16 years of age.. You sound very much like one of those rich kids who grew up under the shadow of your parents..no offence. but you must know 220000RMB means a lot to alot of families in China and how hard it is to own a car in China especially in Shanghai with registration alone would kill you. 20000RMB/m2 you can get a house in a good area equivlant to Mont Albert here. I have been living in Shanghai since 1987..and being going back every now and then.. so I think I have got quite a good understanding of housing price there.thanks very much for reminding me anywayz.. Not every family can afford a car in Shanghai..maybe in Zhejiang they can. and with the price of a CU2 you can get a fairly decent Buick or VW jetta (called somethingelse) which is also made in China. It's funny because people in China do think Accord rates higher than Spiror ... why I bought Accord euro ? cos it has the name "accord" on it..if it's called Spiror here in Aus.. I will definitely leave it alone.