Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 & CU2

CL9 - Door Lock Actuator - How much and how much to replace?

Hey guys,

A few weeks ago noticed that the passenger side door lock was playing up - wasn't going up or down when pressing lock/unlock. Now it doesn't work at all!

Read about this on forums and everyone was saying that it was a common problem for Accord Euros (CL9s at least). The consensus is that the door lock "actuator" needs to be replaced.

Now based on a quick survey of Ebay, they're selling OEM Honda (for Acura tsx) ones from USA for about 35$ (including shipping). A seller from NSW is selling OEM Honda ones for 50 bucks shipped.

Q1. Are these good prices?

Asked my local mechanic how much it would cost and he said if I supplied the actuator then he could fit it in for about 120-130$. Not sure if I can do it myself (too fiddly and arduous)

Q2. Is this a reasonable price for him to charge? (was kinda hoping it wouldn't be any more than 100)

Cheers,
    Matt

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Yeah I paid about $50 for a genuine honda actuator. However, my mechanic (Top One) only charged me $90 which I thought was reasonable given that it's not that straight forward a job.

easy job, DIY it man

download installation & step-by-step instructions from here

CLICK ME

it's a straight forward job, I've done it before for mates.

I'll do a better price than that, drop me a PM i'm in melbourne

if you have window tint, be sure nothing touches the window after putting back everything, a plastic connector plug was left dangling and it's end scratched the fark out of my tint.

Hi guys,

Need to get front driver door actuator changed. Anyone knows of a workshop around Melbourne to do it? Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by blommer View Post
    easy job, DIY it man

CLICK ME
    I need to change my passenger door lock assembly too, and this is very helpful. Thanks!

You can get them on ebay for $20-$70, I got a friends his a mechanic to install it for $50. Although I did read the PDF on how to install it, but too much steps and confusion.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 '07 Limited
    Any instructions for rear left passenger side?
    Car 1: EK4 '98 Civic VTI-R
    Car 2: EG4 '94 Civic GLi
    Car 3: S2000 '00
    Car 4: CL9 '07 Limited Edition

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by blommer View Post
    easy job, DIY it man

CLICK ME
    Hey I need to do this but the link seems to have expired. Is there another source for this?

Many thanks..

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars