Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL

Wheel / Tyre Size

Looking at changing up a few things with my track car setup 2nd half if this year and thinking about my wheel / tyre setup. Got an ED Civic currently running 15x8 wheels with 205/50 15 tyres, but seen a lot of people are switching to 17" wheels. I presume this is for the lower profile tyre, but don't know too much about the advantages / disadvantages.

Just looking for people's opinions & comparisons and wondering if I should stick to the 15's or switch over to a different size, either 16" or 17".
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    why run any thing bigger then 15x7 for a 205/50/15.
    Remember bigger the rim the more it weighs. thats width and hieght. id stay at 15x8 and run 225/45/15's

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    Even on my 15x8 the tyre is still bulging a bit. Dunlops are a bit wider than others I think, seem to sit the same as my mate who runs 225 on his 8" wheel.
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    Vibe-S & EG9
    I was running 16x7 with a 205/45/16 but have gone down a size to 15x7 with a 205/50/15, mainly due to the fact there was really not much tyre choice in the 16 inch size. I haven't yet been able to match my times done on the 16s but there might be other factors involved.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    dont go 17s unless u really need to (BBK). 15 or 16 will be fine with the ED
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    DC1 Integra. Yh
    Change up your tyre size choice and brand. try one with a 45 wide and see how that works with being bulgy. Should make a diffrence.

15s seem to work well on an ED being a smaller car. but a 205 or 225 45 16 is a pretty good option on a 7 or 8 respectively. which is what ill be running on me dc2. although i may even go to a 225 50 16 on the front, but id say thatd be too big for an ED