Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Well from what ive read from sources, both merc and nissan were down 50-80hp on the other two. Kelly bros wanted to have the rev limit raised from 7500 to 7850 but im not sure how that went down.

There just isnt the sheer developement for them like there is the ford/holden.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Woah! That would put them <600hp then =|

The GM/Ford are outputting 650hp?

Ouch, no wonder can't compare...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    it will be verry good to see how the new compatition plays out, not just this season as im sure teething issues will be huge for the first season or two. i know its childish but i just wish nissan would use the r32 chassis lol
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Woah! That would put them <600hp then =|

The GM/Ford are outputting 650hp?

Ouch, no wonder can't compare...
    yep, 650 has been the majic number for a few years. Theyre all running the same ECU and wiring loom these days, so they all have the same tuning parameters, but engine wise, internals are free, as long as they fit weight restrictions, and cant use certain materials.

Youd probably find that the top teir teams, like 888 and FPR will be at the better end of the power scale, making 650-660hp by about 6800rpm, whereas the lower budget teams will be making it further up at 7200 and probably only hitting 640-650, and which of course means that they need to rev harder, explaining why 888 and FPR normally get good reliablity, they arent spinning them as hard.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    i know its childish but i just wish nissan would use the r32 chassis lol
    yeah but this is v8 supercars, not the GT championship lol.

Most people seem to have the impression that the 32 GTR destroying the competition is the reason why australia went to the v8 supercar, holden vs ford. But theyre wrong. Group A worldwide went down the shitter because the FIA abandonded it as a category.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    What makes you think the R32 is a superior chassis? The maxima chassis in COTF is more than likely much better than the GTR chassis, you can't compare the car's, that's all.

Trism, what does that matter to Australian motorsport? it's only taken them 50000 years to align the CAMS cage rules with FIA rules....

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
    Trism, what does that matter to Australian motorsport? it's only taken them 50000 years to align the CAMS cage rules with FIA rules....
    What?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    All I'm saying is, what does it matter if FIA banned the category? It's not like majority of Australian motorsport was following any FIA rules - Formula Ford/Formula 3 are probably the main ones. CAMS had their own cage requirements for cars up until recently where they have now been changed to align themselves with the FIA if one wishes to go compete with the car in an FIA event

There is alot more to the politics behind the sport than we think, I honestly think they got rid of the international teams and left it with Ford/Holden to remove the negative shadow on the sport every time another car one, look how embarrassing it is to watch when Richards one in the GTR and the crowd is booing, that's disgusting.. I'm surprised sponsors didn't pull out overnight.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    We weren't living in an age of pollitical correctness back then like we are now...
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
    All I'm saying is, what does it matter if FIA banned the category? It's not like majority of Australian motorsport was following any FIA rules - Formula Ford/Formula 3 are probably the main ones. CAMS had their own cage requirements for cars up until recently where they have now been changed to align themselves with the FIA if one wishes to go compete with the car in an FIA event

There is alot more to the politics behind the sport than we think, I honestly think they got rid of the international teams and left it with Ford/Holden to remove the negative shadow on the sport every time another car one, look how embarrassing it is to watch when Richards one in the GTR and the crowd is booing, that's disgusting.. I'm surprised sponsors didn't pull out overnight.
    The FIA didnt ban Group A. It was a worldwide class, and countries started to move away from the production based homologation into specific categories. Germany moved the DTM to all have 2.5l engines, the Japanese Touring Car Championship morphed into the JGTC, and because manufacturers everywhere else in the world started to kill the homologated models used in Gp A, the aussies followed suit, and CAMS came up with the idea of having a multiclass series, with larger cars running 5l V8s, and smaller cars running 2l 4 or 6 pots.

CAMS has been associated with the FIA since 1970, and all classes of FIA approved racing has been required to follow FIA regs. OTher non FIA events cam under CAMS regs.

As for your conspiracy theory about pulling international manufacturers out, I think youll find that only holden and ford ran in the 5l class, because they were the only manufacturers that had a 5l v8 to use, and the 2l class (called super tourers, also an FIA designated class) ran from 93 up until 99, when it collapsed due to lack of support from manufacturers, and from the aussie public. The two classes ran side by side, and they even held separate events for the Bathurst 1000, one for the V8 Supercars, and one for the Super Tourers.

With regards to the infamous Skaife/Richards debacle, they werent booing the fact that the skyline won. Take a look at the previous year when they won, people loved it.

They were booing at the fact that they shouldnt have won. They crashed on lap 145 due to the rain, and the windback to lap 143 to dtermine placing put them on the top step of the podium.

So please, make sure that you are fully aware of circumstances regarding these issues before you attempt to school me.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Not trying to school anybody here..

The CAMS cage rules were apparently the since ~2000 or so right? FIA have had numerous updates in the meantime, recently announced they have now adjusted their rules to line up with 2012/13 spec FIA regs.
    Last edited by Chr1s; 07-03-2013 at 12:52 PM.