Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    thanks for all the ideas I think the cat is fine as it doesn't happen all the time,
    and the fuel pump pre filter can only go on one way
    im going to check my tps and o2 as soon as i get back home

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    That's true - but is your fuel pump OEM? I'd check injectors too, other than that maybe a kinked throttle cable?

Stumped.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by zhong View Post
    That's true - but is your fuel pump OEM? I'd check injectors too, other than that maybe a kinked throttle cable?

Stumped.
    I don't think there's a way to really "check" your injectors. Pretty sure if they aren't working well they just tick really loudly.

It's also pretty much impossible for the throttle cable to get kinked as pretty much the entire thing is sheathed.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    I don't think there's a way to really "check" your injectors. Pretty sure if they aren't working well they just tick really loudly.

It's also pretty much impossible for the throttle cable to get kinked as pretty much the entire thing is sheathed.
    It's not to check that they're "not working" it's to check whether it has a flow issue that may potentially cause inconsistent flow. And how do you diagnose an injectors' health by listening to its ticks? @_@ Doesn't hurt to check, they're worth peanuts - heck I have a spare set you can take for $10. My throttle cable was kinked and started to tear up like a brush - which caused me to have "flat spots" - like it will just jump, replaced it and it was gravy. This was all on my mighty D15 also.

Just speaking from experience.

Peace.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by zhong View Post
    It's not to check that they're "not working" it's to check whether it has a flow issue that may potentially cause inconsistent flow. And how do you diagnose an injectors' health by listening to its ticks? @_@ Doesn't hurt to check, they're worth peanuts - heck I have a spare set you can take for $10. My throttle cable was kinked and started to tear up like a brush - which caused me to have "flat spots" - like it will just jump, replaced it and it was gravy. This was all on my mighty D15 also.

Just speaking from experience.

Peace.
    Fair enough about the throttle cable, I guess all it takes is a single look at the exposed section at the throttle anyway. But on the subject of injectors I didn't say "not working" I said "aren't working well"... If the injectors have any sort of blockage they usually tick louder.

So how would you actually check them for consistent flow?

I guess replacing is an option, or you could have them properly cleaned but I wouldn't really class that as checking them.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Fair enough about the throttle cable, I guess all it takes is a single look at the exposed section at the throttle anyway. But on the subject of injectors I didn't say "not working" I said "aren't working well"... If the injectors have any sort of blockage they usually tick louder.

I guess replacing is an option, or you could have them properly cleaned but I wouldn't really class that as checking them.
    "Check" them by seeing if your replacement set of injector removes the 'flat spot' whilst driving I guess? I wasn't trying to be technical, I was just trying to help. Plus, you can get them flow tested to "check" also. lol

Peace.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    seems like guess work to me.besides injectors eather have restriceted flow or they dont, injector problems in older engines such as this will cause a constant problem rather then an intermitant one such as this, however most injectors would benifet from a cleaning.
    it sounds electrical, as you may know some sensors are variable resistors in one way or another and when they are faulty they somtimes function normaly untill a spacific resistance and then can be erratic or unresponsive.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    LOL I love ozhonda.

Goodluck with it all OP!

It's called flow testing. Injector flow testing + clean will set you back about 150$.
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sp33~ View Post
    It's called flow testing. Injector flow testing + clean will set you back about 150$.
    Yeah I know, I've had mine cleaned on the machine before too, but it's not really something you can do yourself to find out if it's an issue before spending the money, which is what I was getting at. It's pretty much just doing it hoping that it fixes the problem.

Not that getting it done is a bad thing though, but it may not be a necessary $150 to spend.
    Last edited by Super-DA9; 08-03-2013 at 07:42 PM.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    My mate has an injector machine could get it done for free...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by tottitomo View Post
    My mate has an injector machine could get it done for free...
    Hah! Well there you go! Lucky!
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015