Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    jdm dc2 =)
    drop the b18c2, have fun with it while on your p's and turbo it when ur off it!

lol thats what im doin,

no replacement for displacement always win!!
    h2b all motor- RIP
    FN2 -RIP
    GTI- RIP
    A 45 AMG -RIP
    C63 C205

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by shepparton View Post
    no replacement for displacement always win!!
    why the ford falcon slow in 4 litre compare with b16? not make sense isnt it
    FFamily

because its ford .. hahah
    h2b all motor- RIP
    FN2 -RIP
    GTI- RIP
    A 45 AMG -RIP
    C63 C205

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahByuddy View Post
    Your comment doesnt make alot of sense. You are comparing a 4 door sedan that weighs as much as 2 fat americans with a 4L straight six that is nowhere near as tuned as a b16 in a 1000kg chassis.

In engine tuning terms, there really is no replacement for displacement. Thus why we as Honda enthusiasts will take any motor that has bigger displacement and stick it in our little civic's.

Bigger displacement + lightweight chassis = win

Back to the op, as nate said, stick the b18c2 in your car, have some fun, learn to drive properly out at the track and at some driver training days then go from there when money and license restrictions allow
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    im quoting this for lols.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    wat

4char
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Hey OP,

I'm in the same situation as you. I have 2 motors sitting my garage atm , D16y4 and B18c7. I'm about to get my license back after 1 year 3 months, which has given me enough time to collect for a project or a s2k. I decided on the em1 as I would not have the balls to trash a s2k on the track. Plus this gives a b16a2 for free if you get what i mean.

Well to your point. I have deiced on the b18c7 swap. Not because of the cost involved or anything. You said you were 19 so your on Greens?? It would be great if i could drive around in a k24 and what not added to motor. Put once pulled over there goes a red sticker for nothing being engineered, then rego cancelled and what not. I have been off the road for too long to through any more hassles.

And the tops is I can build the b18c7 while i cruise around with the b16a2 for now. This is just my view of it. Everyone's life is different.

The way I see it, Quotes which i have got (2 of these business have posted on here) its not cheap.

My plans have changed to build the head of the b18 and just replace whats needed to overhaul the bottom end. After my 2 years off my greens, I'll be selling off the b18 and building a k20/k24 as a daily in the em1, also would be swapping the current b16 to my lil brothers ej6 so he can have some fun driving a slow car before he steps up.

Of course my 1st goal is suspension and handling 1st! Before I even touch the motor(even thou I already ordered head parts for the b18 lol)
    Last edited by amant02; 20-05-2013 at 02:24 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    maby you should spend your money on some driver education bud and learn how to drive properly on our roads.

i know many people disagree with me on this but i think that its best to upgrade parts as you reach the cars limit. i know that i personaly cant get 100% from the b18c2 in my eg so im not building the head yet, however money spent on mods like decent suspension that makes the car more predictable is money spent well.

a k24 or even k20 is a good option for alot of people out there (and here) but its alot of work and money to put in if you just wanna take your mates round the block and show off but i guess if you wanna be a that guy then its your money aye.

OP- Rok the fuk on kun7

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    Your comment doesnt make alot of sense. You are comparing a 4 door sedan that weighs as much as 2 fat americans with a 4L straight six that is nowhere near as tuned as a b16 in a 1000kg chassis.

In engine tuning terms, there really is no replacement for displacement. Thus why we as Honda enthusiasts will take any motor that has bigger displacement and stick it in our little civic's.

Bigger displacement + lightweight chassis = win

Back to the op, as nate said, stick the b18c2 in your car, have some fun, learn to drive properly out at the track and at some driver training days then go from there when money and license restrictions allow
    but Mfactory promised to be good replacment, waddafuk

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Well to your point. I have deiced on the b18c7 swap. Not because of the cost involved or anything. You said you were 19 so your on Greens?? It would be great if i could drive around in a k24 and what not added to motor. Put once pulled over there goes a red sticker for nothing being engineered, then rego cancelled and what not. I have been off the road for too long to through any more hassles.
    not true, keep it looking stock and you will have no dramas.

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleuse View Post
    not true, keep it looking stock and you will have no dramas.
    for example, my valve cover is bright red, no thanks.

gonna stick with the c2 for a bit i guess..
    SSpamily

hehe