Member Array
    Car:
    06 DC5 Lux AUTO

06 DC5 Auto - Weird rythmic pumping/clunking sound when braking for a sharp turn..

Posting as, as most issues, whether they be you getting sick or something with the car, this one popped up at 4:30pm on a Saturday. So Monday I'll be making some calls trying to get a professional diagnosis (whenever I can get it booked in.)

Just picked up an 06 Integra Auto and have only had it for 2 weeks. Only 82k on the odo.

It's been driving fine as far as I can tell, no issues, even now. However when driving like a boy racer, coming up to a corner at 40 or 50 for no justifiable reason (not that I need one) - and try to make a sharp turn, there is a weird pumping/clunking sound and dropping feeling from the middle of the engine bay. It may sound overly dramatic, but it sounds like a nasty pumping sound, and like the engine is going to fall out or there is something loose around the middle of the bay.

Car is a DC5 AUTO, the gears are being handled by the ECU obviously. I'm just steering and working the 2 pedals.

If I drive like a granny or a dad or whatever, there are no issues whatsoever. It feels normal and safe.

I've experienced it both turning left and right sharply, just residential streets (in speed limits.)

Recently had Bridgestone RE002's put on with a full wheel balance etc. Just got a RWC. The "mechanics" were lazy ignorant pricks but thats another story for another time.

Not a car guy at all so it's all just shots in the dark for me.

I've done some googling and some clues might be some kind of hydraulic pump issue? Something to do with power steering? From my understanding of brakes on a FWD car (which is not a lot) it doesn't sound like its coming from the calipers at all, more from the middle of the engine bay.

Am planning to get it into Westside Honda for a diagnosis, but there'll probably be a wait time there.

It's currently under a 3month statutory warranty (used car from dealer) so hoping whatever is required will be covered..

Any advice?

Thx!!
    -----
    Selling my Black EK in VIC cheap! Click here.

Don't hate. Educate.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Engine mounts

Member Array
    Car:
    06 DC5 Lux AUTO
    Thanks for the reply.

Ideally, any part I have to replace will be suitable for a k24 swap down the road.. but, thats a few years away.

I WILL post my answer once I get a definitive one.
    -----

Don't hate. Educate.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 DC5 Lux AUTO
    So, I just got it back from Honda.

You were on the money DakDak!

Took it out for a spin with a guy from the workshop. Quiet chap. Demonstrated the problem, could really only make it happen when turning left (obviously my car isn't related to Zoolander at all.)

I openly admitted it happens predominately when I drive it like a wanker, and when I baby it, it's normal. He said something along the lines of "well if you drive your car like this.." - I'm thinking, wtf? How am I supposed to drive it? It's not a Jazz, it's a 2L Integra auto. It's a housewives car, they need to feel like heroes when zooming home with the groceries or out to buy shoes or whatevs. I wanna feel tuff like they do!!

Anyway, from the invoice:

ROADTEST VEHICLE WITH CUSTOMER TO CHECK FOR "THUMP" WHEN TURNING
    Carried out roadtest with customer present, confirmed noise to be present at time of test when turning the vehicle left under load.
    Returned vehicle back to the dealership.
    Carried out inspection to all engine mounts, found r.h.f. engine mount to have droped (sic), also the l.h.f. gearbox mount has split.
    BOTH MOUNTS GENUINE $750 FITTED.
    So I'm concerned that the "gearbox mount" would be different if the vehicle is Auto or Manual, which means I could potentially order a set of mounts that wont fit my gearbox if I went for aftermarket.

I can't find any mounts that specifically say "auto" or "manual" though.

Hasport Mounts: http://hasport.com/store/index.php/m...tegra/dc5.html
    Innovative mounts: http://www.shiftperformance.com.au/p...27c485a1db70a7

Can someone definitively tell me if I need auto-specific mounts? Also if the mounts for RHD and LHD are diff? (sorry for the noob q!)

Honda didn't give me the teardown on what their cost of labour is and what the cost of the part is unfortunately, but I guess I can get that work performed somewhere else.
    -----

Don't hate. Educate.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Its your car and you can abuse it however you want.

Pm someone like stndrd etc. They will be able to answer your question.

$750 too expensive anyways try oemacuraparts.com

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    1. its under warranty, who cares how much they are.
    2. its an auto, dont bother with aftermarket mounts.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    I forgot about the warranty.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Also, LHD/RHD mounts are the same, and the gearbox mount on the auto will be different.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    06 DC5 Lux AUTO
    Thanks for the info guys.

Went OEM, mostly so I can get the issue sorted sooner rather than later.. am concerned it will cause some kind of engine damage left unattended for too long, and I want to be able to zoom around. In terms of aftermarket, I couldn't easily find the maker that ships auto mounts, another reason I stuck with OEM. I would have just gone for street grade anyway. So am getting the new auto tranny and right hand side mounts installed tomorrow.

So, of course, I'm getting dicked around re. warranty. Extended warranty on the car doesn't cover mounts or bushings, and they adv even if they did, they wouldn't pay for this since the issue existed pre-sale. Dealer referred me to extended warranty.

The car had 2 independent inspections before I purchased it.. neither picked up the issue with the mounts.

Anyone know any legalese / if under the statutory warranty I have a right to demand the dealer cover the costs for the replacement of the mounts? Haven't even made my first payment on the car and am already having to pay for new mounts and fitting, pretty ridonkulous -_-

Would really appreciate some advice.
    -----

Don't hate. Educate.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 DC5 Lux AUTO
    $750 later, I have a new auto tranny mount and rhs mount.

..and the same problem.

Back to Westside Honda on Tuesday........

Fairly frustrated.. dropped almost a grand to fix a noise, noise persists? Ridiculous.
    -----

Don't hate. Educate.

bring it to another place.