Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2006 Luxury

Installing Grom Audio iphone/bluetooth unit in 2006 Euro with Sat Nav

Hi Guys,

I'm struggling with my install of a GROM Audio iphone/bluetooth device in my 2006 Honda Accord Euro with Sat Nav.

I've been able to get the panel off and remove the DVD unit that holds the Sat Nav disc, however can't work out what to do next. Do I need to remove the entire radio to plug it into the back or can I access it without removing the screen/control panel etc. All of the videos that I have seen have been of the Honda Accord model in the States, however without the sat nav so its been slightly different as they have the compartment bin and it seems that they can access under the radio without having to remove it.

I have the inbuilt 6 stacker CD player as well.

Any help / direction would be great thanks!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro cl9
    Hey mate i struggled with mine as well as i have the nav, from what i can remember you need to take the screen out and it plugs in behind it.
    To take the screen out you need to pop off the surrounds and slide and unclip the top section that shows the time, fm frequency etc.
    Thats all i can remember, hope it helps!

Try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rodcoUaIOpI
    Let us know how it goes ay. Im keen to get one coz i have an 06 euro sat nav as well. Hows the sound quality?? Cheers.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9
    Did you guys end up getting it working? Because I bought the grom usb2 with Bluetooth but it doesn't seem to work? I used to have a ipod adapoter one that worked fine but the grom one does not??
    06 cl9 - rrc - j35 - gruppe m intake - weapon r headers - ingalls etd - tannabe medallion touring catback - Buddy club N+ coils - Flashpro - vtc 45'

isit plug in correctly yeahCEZZ? and ifits the correct model for it and mattd, to take the screen out you gotta take out the gear stick surrounding then the ash try then the pc card slot

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by UR34DY View Post
    isit plug in correctly yeahCEZZ? and ifits the correct model for it and mattd, to take the screen out you gotta take out the gear stick surrounding then the ash try then the pc card slot
    Yes it was plugged in correctly and yes the one is for acura/honda 03+ sat nav text firmware. I have taken my whole dash apart to see if i was missing something or their was some secret plug some where. The only thing that works is the charging feature on the usb cable but no play back of music works through the car via the aux and the usb?
    06 cl9 - rrc - j35 - gruppe m intake - weapon r headers - ingalls etd - tannabe medallion touring catback - Buddy club N+ coils - Flashpro - vtc 45'

Are you sure there's a sat Nav version of the firmware. Just checked since I needed to update my firmware and there's only no text for non navi systems and xm models which is some US streaming service.

Does it change modes? In non navi you change into CD-C mode (either press am then cd or cd twice so that it goes into cd-c mode from something else) and press track up and it speaks out what mode its in, USB/iPod/aux. Mines a non nav so don't know if they perform differently but judging by the firmwares available should be the same thing.
    Last edited by peetah; 21-07-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9
    Yes I am sure:
    http://www.gromaudio.com/store/usb_a...interface.html

Their is a sat/text selection for this one which is the one i bought.

No it does not go into cd mode which is where it should play from. I use to have the ipod adapter from Honda and that works fine through the cd mode.
    I've emailed Grom and am waiting on a reply from them.

Cheers

I've had mine refuse to go into CDC mode once in the time I've owned it and taking it apart, turning car on then off and re plugging it in fixed it right up. Sorry can't be of much help but that's what worked for me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Does the stereo normally go into CD-C mode if there is no cd changer/GROM/AUX unit connected? I can't remember this.

Did you ever resolve this? I've got the same issue, no CD-C mode just all of a sudden. I don't know if it's the cable, the grom unit or the cd player itself. The cd player is working fine and the button CD/AUX button is working fine.

The CD-C will only there when it detects a CD cd changer there which the GROM emulates. I'm thinking the grom/grom cable isn't working correctly and thererfore not emulating for the Stereo to detect as a cd-changer and go into CD-C mode.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Was issue with unit, replacement fixed it and now goes into cd-c mode

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    will this work for a cu2 without sat nav? looking into getting something thatll play my ipod without having to cut and modify any original parts