Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    08798-9002 is the only grease for the job.

HTB is fine
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Yeahhh buddy, only the cool kids rock OEM grease but Dayco belts

HTB would be sweet too. I think the main issue here is the constant metal on metal contact rather than super high temps, I think the moly based grease is really good in these situations

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys.l View Post
    Yeahhh buddy, only the cool kids rock OEM grease but Dayco belts

HTB would be sweet too. I think the main issue here is the constant metal on metal contact rather than super high temps, I think the moly based grease is really good in these situations
    lol captain sassy here the grease was a joke mate. FYI im running oem honda as i got my timing kit for under 250 with water pump n seals (cheaper then aftermarket) but not everyone gets the deals so just cause ur mate got the wrong belt dosnt mean you should go shit talkning bout an oem manufacture. nothing wrong with the belts just the users.
    im recomending HTB cause thats what people have. honestly any grease that will stay stuck will be fine as its under no load and low heat. if you could glue cheeze to the thing it would work..
    Last edited by Daveho1; 12-10-2013 at 06:23 AM.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Haha, getting a bit worked up there mate. I didn't say anything bad about Dayco - just said a mate had a bad experience (of which I didn't know the details) and for that and other reasons my personal preference is OEM. And I did know you were joking

In terms of the grease for the above DIY, I would recommend HTB or if you want something that definitely works, the Penrite Moly disulfide. I wouldn't just use any grease - that's what I did the first time around (a random lithium based one) and it didn't last. Cheese would be a good option...I wonder what they come out with from factory? Just grease as well or some sort of special coating on that ball head

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I just purchased a Dayco Belt, as honda didnt have any in stock and wanted $200 bucks for the spertine belt. Where as Dayco was only $75 dollars. I was abit iffy about buying Dayco as I have very minimum exp. I ended up purchasing Dayco idler pulley too for mere $20 bucks very cheap compared hondas asking price of $80.

Okay so 4 weeks, the DC5r idles very smoothly and no problems at all yet. I have bounced of redline a few times already and miss shifted racing a rolla.

Oh also, I would flush the clutch fuild while doing this since your already there.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Any idea where to get the urea grease?
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985