Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9

j tune extreme kit

Hey guys just got an 07 Euro manual. Been looking around fora few mods and came across the J-tune extreme package.
    Included is 4-2-1 headers, hi flow cat, 3" exhast intake manifold gasket, CAI and a hondata reflash custom for the mods.
    Just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with Jtune or revzone, did a quick search and didnt get much.
    Also a bit concerned with the size of that exhaust.. .3" seems a bit excesive and so does the 3k rpm vtec crossover....

Mind you ive got a few thousand to dump in the car and im looking for an na build (for preference) any imput on other mods would be appreciated.

The site is http://www.jtune.com.au/products.html just btw

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    awsome product...
    pm chulos2k...

he had a euro with this kit once apon a time...
    loved it

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    A while back, some people talked about JTune. There's nothing wrong with them, however do note that it's not their own custom products they're putting on the car, but products they recommend for the car. E.g. I believe they use Hondata for the ECU and Injen for the CAI. 3" is excessive, there's no doubt about it, however with Jtune, you can just choose what items you want and what you don't. Injen CAI would be pretty loud as well.

A few things to note:
    CL9 exhaust isn't really that restrictive. I mean it's a 4 cylinder with 2 exhaust ports and un-restrictive resonators. A cat-back system alone wouldn't see any gains. Changing the Headers will provide some extra power, as well as changing the Cat. Stock CAT is 400 cell in the 07, which isn't as bad as the 900 cell in the 03-05. I would change the Headers, doesn't have to be the one JTune use, something like Weapons R is pretty popular here on OzHonda, and cost much less. You can also change the Cat, perhaps a 200-250 cell if you don't want much noise, or a 100-150 cell to make the most of the power gains. It still won't be that loud since the cat-back is still stocked.

3k crossover is low, but it works, if you don't want it that low, you can just request them to set it at a higher rate, or even do it yourself. I think a lot of people have it at the 5k range, which is 1k lower than stock.

You can get Injen CAI for ~$300 mark which is 100 cheaper than Jtune, will do the same thing. I don't think their pricing includes labour/install.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Hey buddy,
    If i was you i would look at doing them my self, and if your in Sydney have a took to BYP!
    The Jtune packages is good but very pricey for what i hear, and it was ideal when there wasnt much products for the CL9 couple years back however there are much more products now! and have a read of the forums on TSX Club!
    All the best!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    chaos master...

the j-tune kit was totally designed and developed by justin and james from.revzone...

not sure who.or wat gave u the idea it was parts from.here and there...

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9
    I would actualy rather get ct or toda headers i hear the dc headers dont sound the best and aernt as good quality. Id also rather the ct icebox as oposed to the cai in the kit but im strugling to find any dealers that ship to aus or suppliers in melbourne
    If i could do it cheaper id also look into cams and vtc40 degrees. Looking to make an na
    Monster. Will look into coilovers, rear sway and new breaks soon after

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Check out Heeltoe for the icebox, they also have headers on their aswell, shipping isn't too...... bad but worth it as you can package headers icebox cat in the one box.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Headers = PLM headers!
    CAI = either K&N
    Intake manifold = RBC or RRC
    and VTC Cam gear
    and get flash pro you will b looking at 150-160KW at wheels

ADD the Skunk2 exhaust with a Highflow cat and the 07 tsx CAM shafts and lightened flywheel and you got your self a monster!
    Last edited by Black Euro; 03-04-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    chaos master...

the j-tune kit was totally designed and developed by justin and james from.revzone...

not sure who.or wat gave u the idea it was parts from.here and there...
    Totally designed as in they selected parts that they thought would be best and then tuned a CL9 from there. They basically import some parts and they install it. They don't manufacture anything as far as I know, nor did they design anything, other than the custom tune for the Hondata.

From what I can tell, their "designed and developed" ECU is a Hondata, Intake is either an Injen or K&N and their Headers could be Toda. Nothing on the site suggest to me that they did anything in house (bar ECU tune map), so where your "totally designed and developed" comes from I've no idea.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 cl9
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Euro View Post
    Headers = PLM headers!
    CAI = either K&N
    Intake manifold = RBC or RRC
    and VTC Cam gear
    and get flash pro you will b looking at 150-160KW at wheels

ADD the Skunk2 exhaust with a Highflow cat and the 07 tsx CAM shafts and lightened flywheel and you got your self a monster!
    Going by what the jtune dyno sheet says I can get around 160kw with the extreme package...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Totally designed as in they selected parts that they thought would be best and then tuned a CL9 from there. They basically import some parts and they install it. They don't manufacture anything as far as I know, nor did they design anything, other than the custom tune for the Hondata.

From what I can tell, their "designed and developed" ECU is a Hondata, Intake is either an Injen or K&N and their Headers could be Toda. Nothing on the site suggest to me that they did anything in house (bar ECU tune map), so where your "totally designed and developed" comes from I've no idea.
    unless we talking about some1 else...
    i saw the r&d that went into this kit with.my.own.eyes...
    the spent many man hours developing and testing this kit...
    wen they were done they outsourced the mass production...
    but it is definatly NOT a mix n match of parts that they claim as theres like ur saying...

and if u dnt believe me...
    ring revzone and ask.justin and find out...lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9/Type-S
    for these money you can make your "own kit" with better power output. Jtune won't use VTC 50 gear so you loose ~ 10 HP or even more in tne midrange easy.
    Last edited by vaikis; 03-04-2013 at 10:43 PM.
    Hondata FlashPro tuning remotly http://flashprotuning.com