Hi,
    I've recently acquired my self with an EK4 with the following mods:
    B18c Head
    B18 Throttle body
    Buddy Club Spec 2 Cams
    Xforce Full Exhaust
    Toda Headers
    Injen CAI

With the mods I calculated I'm getting approx 10.3L/100km. Just wondering how much how much a stock EK4 would be getting. And if my fuel per 100 is about right? Car is tuned to 118kw if that helps

Also, the fuel meter tends to rise and fall quite a bit and from my knowledge ek4 fuel tank is 45L and it was near empty and had to only fuel up 29L for full tank? Is that a common problem with EK4's?

Thanks in Advance!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    I have an EK4 engine (B16A2) in an EG sedan. Gets around 7-9L/100km depending on the situation. Usually mid 8s. I'm not sure of the weight difference between the EG sedan and an EK hatch though.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    I have an ek4 with just bolt ons and i get about 7.5l - 8l / 100kms with a bit of spirited driving throughout the tank...

I would assume it's just due to the larger cams + cam gears. Anyone know of the fuel meter continually rising and falling?

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP-EK View Post
    I would assume it's just due to the larger cams + cam gears. Anyone know of the fuel meter continually rising and falling?
    Thats common on a ek

your fuel light should come on when you have about 9L left
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Its a problem with the sender.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EK hatch, DC2
    yeah, i think with EK fuel, top half of gauge is roughly 2/3 of the tank and bottom 1/2 is 1/3 of the tank so kinda seems like it's drinking more under 1/2 way of fuel gauge

Member Array
    Car:
    SiR CRX EF8
    Don't know about the ek but I imagine you might have the same problem as in ed civic & crx. In both of them the fuel level sender is at the front of the tank so if you are driving on an incline your meter will start showing less fuel and if you are on a decline you will fill back up again. If you are on a flat stopped and is going up and down you've got other problems.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Yeh its a common problem dude, i reckon its best to measure the fuel tank when the engne is off and on level surface, i get approx 450-500k's a full tank, but i stopped doing that now, too risky so i fill up after 400 or something
    Genius....Rad Car......why not have both?