Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what are the benefits of having 4.7 fd on a k24

As the title states above just wanting to know the benefits of having it on a mildly moded Accord euro. What other parts are needed to install this in a k24 box. Would it be worth it for me to add an lsd at the same time?
    03 Accord Euro CL9, FlashPro, 06 TSX Intake Cam, 40* VTC, RBC IM, J35 TB, RDX Injectors, WeaponR header, 2.5 Catback Exhaust, Pivot Mega Raizin

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Would be worth it IMO.

Only trade off is top speed (because we all do that..) and that you'd be cruising at a higher RPM on highways... (if that's what you're asking)

Also, as it's a relatively labour intensive job, i'd consider doing other thiings while the gearbox is off - perhaps flywheel/clutch if yours is aging?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    4.7fd will massively help accelration when paired with the K24. The gearing in the euro box is already pretty long, and combined with the stock 4.3fd it really makes it quiet sluggish.

Alternatively, if you had the cash, you could always try find a gearbox from the EuroR, it should have the correct mounting points for the euro? I dunno. That way you will score the best of everything, massively shorter ratios/4.7fd/oem lsd. That will make a HUGE improvement in performance.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    more push me for in car @ same rpm

Down side is more shifting if you're not that great at shifting then it'll be a disadvantage to consider...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Also what LSD will suit the tranny thats not to expensive?
    03 Accord Euro CL9, FlashPro, 06 TSX Intake Cam, 40* VTC, RBC IM, J35 TB, RDX Injectors, WeaponR header, 2.5 Catback Exhaust, Pivot Mega Raizin

You tracking or daily?

If you want less headache and less maintenance stick with the OEM Helical/Torsen [Forgot which one Honda's use]...

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    You tracking or daily?

If you want less headache and less maintenance stick with the OEM Helical/Torsen [Forgot which one Honda's use]...
    Its a daily with spirited driving. I've read some good things about wavetrac. Are they any good?

Deleted double post.
    Last edited by hanzzi; 06-04-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Wavetrac are an improved form of the Helical LSD you find in the Factory box =)

No experience with them no so can't comment..

Ozhonda Trader Array
    either way with the LSD stick to a helical type for street, clutch type get too noisy. I've never had a wavetrac.

What you need for the mod:
    4.7 FD
    rear countershaft bearing (ball)
    rear countershaft snap ring
    shim*

and if you're doing LSD:
    LSD
    2x diff bearings
    2x diff seals

This list IMO is the minimum. Some people might reuse the bearings but seriously why would you risk that, particularly when they've been pressed/pulled off. I'd also do the front countershaft bearing (needle) as a precaution. seals are also easy to replace while you're in there...

*Then it'd need to be shimmed, the one between 6th gear and the top bearing on the countershaft. You don't know what size you need until it's reassembled. Send me a PM if you need more help. Where are you?

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by chez00 View Post
    either way with the LSD stick to a helical type for street, clutch type get too noisy. I've never had a wavetrac.

What you need for the mod:
    4.7 FD
    rear countershaft bearing (ball)
    rear countershaft snap ring
    shim*

and if you're doing LSD:
    LSD
    2x diff bearings
    2x diff seals

This list IMO is the minimum. Some people might reuse the bearings but seriously why would you risk that, particularly when they've been pressed/pulled off. I'd also do the front countershaft bearing (needle) as a precaution. seals are also easy to replace while you're in there...

*Then it'd need to be shimmed, the one between 6th gear and the top bearing on the countershaft. You don't know what size you need until it's reassembled. Send me a PM if you need more help. Where are you?
    Great post mate, need more guys like you!
    part time potato