View Poll Results: What is your CU2 oil consumption per 1000 km?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 0.1 litre

7 41.18%
  • between 0.1 litre and 0.2 litre

1 5.88%
  • between 0.2 litre and 0.3 litre

2 11.76%
  • between 0.3 litre and 0.4 litre

1 5.88%
  • between 0.4 litre and 0.5 litre

0 0%
  • between 0.5 litre and 0.75 litre

0 0%
  • between 0.75 litre and 1 litre

0 0%
  • between 1 litre and 1.5 litres

0 0%
  • greater than 1.5 litres

0 0%
  • not sure, but I never need to top it up

6 35.29%
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

[CU2] Oil consumption survey

Due to issue with my CU2 and its excessive oil consumption, I want to get a feel for what is normal. So I'm asking for audience participation in the poll.

Please chose the most appropriate category. Guesstimates are fine. My guess is that most will be the less than 0.1 litre per 1000 km category. Much more than about 0.2 litres per 1000 km and you could have your oil light coming on between services if you aren't topping it up (i.e. doing 10,000 km).

Note: the volume between the top and bottom marks on the dipstick is about 1 litre (1l). So if you do 10,000 km between services and the oil goes from the full mark to the bottom one, you've consumed 0.1l per 1000 km. Honda Australia states that 0.5l per 1000km is where they might do something (which seems like an awful lot).
    Last edited by bugeater; 17-04-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    To those who aren't sure, but never top it up, can you also post your rough kilometers between oil changes and whether you check the dipstick at all? That will help a bit.

If you never check but only do low kms, then you could still have quite high consumption without any obvious issues. But if you do high kms and consume much above 0.2l/1000km you'll probably have an oil light coming on and potentially more serious issues.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2, GD3
    Mine looks like less than 0.1L consumption (oil reaches below the top hole)

Oil changed 25XXX KM. Reading was done at 30XXX KM and after driving for 1 hour and parked afterwards for 1 hour.

2009 MY10 6MT and mainly city start stop driving.

Will check tomorrow morning again after car is parked overnight and take a pic for you.

EDIT: included pic
    Last edited by chunsa; 19-04-2013 at 10:20 AM. Reason: added picture

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks Chunsa. Wish my dipstick looked like that after 5000 km between oil changes. Mine wouldn't even show anything on the dipstick at 5000 km and the oil light would probably start coming on.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    just for consistency - compare cold to cold readings
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

I haven't seen any oil consumption on mine since new. I used Honda Gold SM 5w-40 previously, now on Honda 0w-20 ULEV oil, servicing every 8000 km. It's not a 200hp engine though, it runs a lower compression K24Z5 Accord unit.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Well I just had the last oil check at the dealer. Now 966 ml/1000 km. Car has done about 19,000 km. He was quite surprised and said he has never seen this before. I tend to believe him, since I've booked in on the phone before and not even told them my name and they've had the record sheet waiting for me (i.e. I'm the only one going to the dealership for oil checks).

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by bugeater View Post
    Well I just had the last oil check at the dealer. Now 966 ml/1000 km. Car has done about 19,000 km. He was quite surprised and said he has never seen this before. I tend to believe him, since I've booked in on the phone before and not even told them my name and they've had the record sheet waiting for me (i.e. I'm the only one going to the dealership for oil checks).
    thats definatly not normal, is it blowing any blue smoke?
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    What oil is it using?

The new 0w-20?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I've not noticed any smoke, and I'm not sure what oil they are putting in it. Whatever is standard I guess. I've got to take it in a couple more times to complete the process and we will see what happens from there.