Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    nahh I got my spare engine with a dizzy on it, i replaced it and still no spark. I beleive it might be the Immobilser since it's job is to cut off your fuel and spark because I have checked everything with igition on, and everything was fine. There is no fuel leaks ethier.
    So I have to get the immobilser and maybe the engine computer to be recoded by a Honda Dealer, and a staight wire from the immobilser to the engine computer. If I remove the immobilser, the spark and fuel will still be cutted off. Is there another way of this?? preferrely cheaper!!!

What about your main relay?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    drifty slides in with good offer.
    on a serious note why not test things rather then just replacethem aye?
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    hmmm are you sure the Immoboliser will just stop spark/fuel? i have been in some cars that wont even recognise its been turned to AC (II) because the immoboliser is armed.

does the car still make a beeping noise if u turn it 2 clicks (II) and dont have the seatbelt on? or any other tests like that would be a good indication.

ps
    even sure if the other distributor worked?
    Last edited by Baby Face; 19-04-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    My spare engine works and the distributor on it works. I replaced it and it fail, and I tested everything including fuses and cant find a problem.
    I eventually thought about the immobilser (before reading your comment Baby Face aha) and it is a hell messy piece of work in there (bought my Civic with it) and since it never worked for me i thought I just cut it off, and re-wire the fuel pump wire together with solder and it finally working again . In the future, I will disconnect them two and add a switch as my own serect sercuity. So when I about to lock my car up, i switch it off underneath the dash so theres no fuel pressure and the theif wont be able to drive off without turning the switch on.

Cheers for your help guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    ahaha in WA all legal road cars must be fitted with a immoboliser.
    but my one wont let my car even engage AC without being disarmed otherwise the alarm goes off.

but the kill switch method is good. if u hide it well.

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    Haha I didint know that the immoboliser is a must so it can be Road Legal in WA. I dont know much about your wiring diagram but get a auto-sparky (Auto Electrician) to have a look if you like that to be fixed so you can turn it over onto AC. I just bought a very small push button switch and I am hiding it inside the dash but underneath if you know what I mean haha