Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does any one know what this is?

Hey guys. I am wrecking a JDM dc5 and putting it's parts on to my Audm dc5.

I stripped the radiator, air condensor etc and found a few things that the AUDM does not have.

1. I'm not 100% but this runs through the power steering fluid. I think it's a cooler for the power steering fluid.

2. The original AUdm headlights clip straight into the bulb but the JDM (prefacelift) bolts into this ecu-like device. I am assuming they are HID's. Am i right?

3. I have been looking, but could not figure this one out. Is it some kind of heat sensor or something. Has numbers listed from 1 to 9. Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    3) Outside air temp for auto climate control? (If the JDM one does have auto function and audm doesn't)
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    2. HID ballast
    3. quite sure it's a temp sensor
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Does that mean that the cluster would have a temperature reading. Or is that for climate control adjusting settings.

Just realised. The JDM model has auto climate control which the Audm does not have. Would anyone know how to wire this up onto the Audm system?

isnt there more to the auto climate control than just an external temp sensor?

i know in the legend there are external sensors and cabin sensors, on the JDM legend, there also have sun sensors so that the aircon knows which side the sun is on whilst on the go.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Lol as if didn't know. Most JDM hondies came with automatic climate control. Say you set temp at 20 for cabin. That outside temp measures 25. Thats telling climate control to cool the air if not recirculating the air. Ect

For my EK, I did the JDM Climate conversion.
    You probaby need to change the whole dash loom over (which SHOULD include all the cabin sensors and the windshield sensor to determine the UV rating of the sun rays on car), Might have to change the heater boxes, though they're most likely the same, along with the heater core loom. and you'd have to bring over the external temp sensor, which i dont know where it plugs into for the dc5. Usually goes through firewall then into the dash loom.
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Or you can just completely take out the dash including loom and vents, put in your car. plug up. Trace back where external temp sensor runs to, xfer to ur car and plug it up.

is it really worth the hassle just for auto climate control?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    ^ This.

Like on the EK at least you do the conversion for Double din radio (instead of single) and have auto as an option.
    But if its really only for auto. Dont think it'll be worth it. Doubt you'd use it much as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    You'll be surprised.

haters are jelly of my auto climate control, which i bloody hate using.

turn it on, ac comes on, fans at max, takes just as long as winding down the windows..
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Yeah auto is overrated, had it in my 180sx. always seems to blow fans at max. fcuking pointless.
    to see all of my build, checkout