Deciphering ECU Serial Number

Hi,

There are two AUDM DC5R's and one ECU which came from one of them.
    I need to find out which car the ECU belongs to. Here is what makes it tricky:

Car 1)
    Compliance Plate: 01/2002

This car currently has no engine in the car and the original engine can not be put back in. I'm unable to plug in the ECU and test the immobiliser, as there will be no engine to try and start.

Car 2)
    Compliance Plate: 09/2001

This car no longer has the original engine and currently has a K20Z1 with a KPRO.

Details on the ECU:
    37820 - PRB - Q01
    2069 - 200088

Base on the above information, is there any way to tell which of the cars the ECU originally belonged to?

Also, regarding the ECU serial number "2069 - 200088", is there any information behind these numbers, similar to the VIN? i.e car colour, year of manufacture

Thanks

Does anyone have an answer or can help direct me towards one?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Anything preventing you putting the ECU in Car 2 with the immobiliser activated and seeing if it starts? The serial numbers are probably sequential, so the higher number probably came from the later car.

Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    Anything preventing you putting the ECU in Car 2 with the immobiliser activated and seeing if it starts? The serial numbers are probably sequential, so the higher number probably came from the later car.

Nothing preventing us, just didn't realise we could! We plugged it in and the Car 2 and it didn't start. The starter motor cranked the engine, however no spark.
    So I guess that eliminates that car and therefore the ECU belongs to the other engine.

Thanks chargeR.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    the green key on the cluster should stop blinking when you match the ECU to the car.