Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9

Coilovers installed on my CL9

Finally got my buddyclubs from the good guys at JDM Yard

Installed them with a friend today using this great guide:
    http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...n-install.html

Only encountered 1 problem, the HID auto leveling sensor on the front wheel.
    below you can see the bolt that goes onto a little bracket that the stock strut had, but the new coilovers didnt. Ive heard you can get aftermarket brackets that fit on, but i just wanted to do a short term fix, which is the 2nd photo.

Here are the before pics:

And after:

the stiffness is set to 8 clicks front, 10 clicks rear.

The height is 115mm front and 125 rear (between thread locks).

Looks good now you just need some nice wheels to go with the new ride height

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9
    ohhhh dont you worry, im hanging out for them. just have to save up!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Hey buddy,
    had the same issue with leveling sensor, do you know where i can source the aftermarket brackets?
    Looks good btw! Keep it up!

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9
    No unfortunately.

I have contacted jdm yard and they said they will look into it for me. Other members of the forum said they just cable tie them into position.

when I find out I'll post the out come on here

do you have buddys? And what's your set up?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    oh okay! yea i got Buddy Club to! had em on for 1 month or so and i was surprised when the bracket didn't come with it! To be honest i have no idea what mine is set up is haha my mechanic did for me, i told him to keep it in the middle as i didnt want a rough ride! but its so good i hardly feel any of the bumps and it looks really good with my rims!

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9
    Haha what colour is your euro? I'm looking for rims so just want to see what your on... Any chance of some picies?

how much did it cost? if i could afford coilovers i would... but thats my whole fortnightly paycheck in one hit.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9
    They cost me around $1300 from jdmyard.com. I installed them my self so that's where I saved.

I got quotes for both supply & install, and just install. Average of $2k for the supply &install (didn't ask which cookies) and average 700-800 to just install.

I spent hours on researching both coilovers and springs... If it takes you a couple of pay checks to save for the coilovers, I would strongly suggest thats the way you go. I saw too many people saying that they ended up buying coilovers after they just installed springs.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9
    Oh and depending on how low you go you might want to budget in a camber kit.. I just ordered mine.

what rims are on your euro btw?

Hmmm...

How stable is the rear around bumpy corners and under hard braking? [Assuming you've already done wheel alignment]

Curious cause I would imagine the front damper being dampened harder than the rear?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9
    I was going to wait for my camber kit and wheels before I got a wheel alignment done on it, but with saying that, I can notice more stability and tighter handling.. The reason why I set it to those dampening settings is because of other peoples experiences with the specific height the car is.

what set up are you running on? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated