Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I got King springs, which I heard mixed reviews about. As of now, I guess I don't have anything to complain about. Touch wood. I lowered mine 30mm, an inch and a half, all round.

My mate had King springs on his evo and he HATED them, said they sagged like an old mans sack and bounced and scraped when he would have someone in the back seat. I havent had that problem yet, but I have been warned they will sag at least a centimetre, which I am fine with. If i had have lowered it 2"+, then I would be worried.

My wheels are Lenso Type-M 19" x 8.5" matte black with silver lip. When I got the wheel alignment, they said I MIGHT have to get a camber kit, but to just keep an eye on the tread on the rear wheels for now.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro
    ^ I've wanted to lower my Euro with a nice spring and shocks combo.

How are King Springs working out for you? I am a bit reluctant on getting some but haven't seen any reviews about them on a Euro.
    Did you get some shocks also?

Quote Originally Posted by kyfer View Post
    I was going to wait for my camber kit and wheels before I got a wheel alignment done on it, but with saying that, I can notice more stability and tighter handling.. The reason why I set it to those dampening settings is because of other peoples experiences with the specific height the car is.

what set up are you running on? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated
    No no, its ok, I remembered doing the front stiffer than the rear off my head for a friend's CL9. It was running Tein's off my head, possibly Superstreet. Anyway when everything is done, try a few simple test to check your car's damper settings.

Find a route you're familiar with, if possible have road with sections that are both smooth and bumpy with varying speed and corners/roundabout. Obviously keep within the speed limit, you'll know when something very off with suspension setup.

1) Compliance [Low Speed] - Go through a bumpy section at lower than posted speed limit, note how much resistance and wandering the Front & Rear of the car does.
    2) Compliance [@ Speed] - Repeat above except @ posted speed limit
    NB: Obviously if previous testing is very dangerous to readjust damper settings first.
    3) Balance [FF] - Accelerate to lower than posted speed limit in different manner eg slow accel & fast accel + brake in different manner eg slow brake & fast brake. Do this on both smooth and bumpy sections taking note of how the car respond.

You just have to adjust accordingly to ensure you have near 100% control at all times =)

Quote Originally Posted by axispower View Post
    I got King springs, which I heard mixed reviews about. As of now, I guess I don't have anything to complain about. Touch wood. I lowered mine 30mm, an inch and a half, all round.

My mate had King springs on his evo and he HATED them, said they sagged like an old mans sack and bounced and scraped when he would have someone in the back seat. I havent had that problem yet, but I have been warned they will sag at least a centimetre, which I am fine with. If i had have lowered it 2"+, then I would be worried.

My wheels are Lenso Type-M 19" x 8.5" matte black with silver lip. When I got the wheel alignment, they said I MIGHT have to get a camber kit, but to just keep an eye on the tread on the rear wheels for now.
    Well known fact King Springs aren't spectacular.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

@Rooster

Because I wasn't lowering it anything crazy, my mechanic said I'm still within the legal and designed "range" of the stock shocks and that it isnt necessary to change them- and that also included adding the 19" wheels.

I drove it with 17" stock wheels and stock springs for over a month, so I was used to the feel of the car on the road. Now, I don't know how it feels for those with coilovers or better springs, but for me, now with the thinner tyre and the King springs, its still a cruisy drive- but there are times where I can feel every bump on the road. There's a highway near where I live that has the most retarded pothole (it won a national award for being the most retarded pothole) that has been "fixed" very unevenly- I drove over it once and now avoid it every time. Nothing bad happens, just an ugly feel that I didnt notice until I changed the springs and the wheels.

All in all, I can't complain about them. I've had no problems with them.

Thats my "review" lol

@DreadAngel

Yep that's what I've heard. I WAS worried at first, but so far, it seems fine.
    Last edited by axispower; 30-04-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9
    thanks for that Dread, i think i might make the front a little harder... but it seems pretty responsive and stable.

Axis, i really like those wheels, what offset?... where did you buy them from and how much did they set you back if you dont mind me asking?

They're great wheels. So great that I didn't even have them for a week before I scuffed one of them.

I wanted to kill myself. But, I sanded it back and repainted the lip matte black and silver and you actually cannot notice it. Looks brand new.

Anyway, I got them from Tempe Tyres. You walk up to the Muslim girls wearing hijabs at the counter, you point at some wheels on the wall and say "gib me 4 of dem." You give them the keys, you wait for anywhere between 15 mins to an hour, depending on how busy it is, (in that time you can go out the front and watch them put the wheels on) and then they bring the car back out, you pay the Muslim girls wearing hijabs, who make no eye contact with you and show no emotion, and off you go.

The 19" x 8.5" were approx $1600 to buy and have them installed. I have no idea what the offset is though, sorry. Also, the wheels sit inside the wheel arch, slightly in, slightly out. Looks good and tame at the same time.

Check their website for more wheels. I was interested in the Lenso Comos and the Lenso Eurostyles as well.
    Last edited by axispower; 30-04-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Oh wait... you're in Perth. That isn't going to help you much. You could order them in though I would think? Call Tempe Tyres during the day tomorrow, they're open everyday if you're still interested.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Great job done.. Bc is def better than tein ss according to most users .. DIY ftw .

Coilover will be my last mod
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    I am thinking of Cusco coilover haha
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by axispower View Post
    @Rooster

Because I wasn't lowering it anything crazy, my mechanic said I'm still within the legal and designed "range" of the stock shocks and that it isnt necessary to change them- and that also included adding the 19" wheels.

I drove it with 17" stock wheels and stock springs for over a month, so I was used to the feel of the car on the road. Now, I don't know how it feels for those with coilovers or better springs, but for me, now with the thinner tyre and the King springs, its still a cruisy drive- but there are times where I can feel every bump on the road. There's a highway near where I live that has the most retarded pothole (it won a national award for being the most retarded pothole) that has been "fixed" very unevenly- I drove over it once and now avoid it every time. Nothing bad happens, just an ugly feel that I didnt notice until I changed the springs and the wheels.

All in all, I can't complain about them. I've had no problems with them.

Thats my "review" lol

@DreadAngel

Yep that's what I've heard. I WAS worried at first, but so far, it seems fine.
    Ah right I was actually going to get the 18's in the eurostyle 7 from tempe tyres
    Is it possible for you to provide pictures of your car so I can see what it looks like?

Yeah if you can go at least 19" (insurance wise etc., if you care about that sort of thing) then do it. Because some days I wish I had gotten the 20s. Apparently we're only allowed to go 2" bigger, so the 20s would be "illegal" or just wouldnt pass through the pits- but I'd still do it, in retrospect. At least 19s man. 18s = dont bother.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	24691

Just used paint to cut out the numberplate. That's the best photo I have of the wheels up close.

What colour is your euro?
    Last edited by axispower; 01-05-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro
    It's silver as well, I'll think about the 19's but leaning towards 18's.

How is the matte black wheels anyway?

I have an 03 model so 16's are the stock