Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK4

Help, Gli to EK4 Civic Knuckles and Driveshafts Interchangeable?

Hi everyone,
    Tried to search but couldn't exactly find what i was looking for.

I have an EK4 manual, going to change out the LHS drvieshaft and a ABS front knuckle/hub assembly from what i understand at the moment to be a EK GLI civic. (will confirm tomorrow)

I've got upgraded rotors to 282mm and DC2R calipers (grinded back) on the standard EK4 knuckle assembly. Just want to know will i run into trouble?

What front knuckle/hub and driveshafts are compatible with the EK4?

Thanks
    Last edited by quang; 28-04-2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: added EK gli
    Green and Gold Ghetto EK4
    OEM Front Lip, Ghetto Special CAI, ASR Brace, ITR Rear Sway, N+ Coilovers, X-Force Headers and TL Muffler, Custom B Pipe, type-r rear lip, OEM visors

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    if the GLI knuckle is a 262mm then you wont have any issues. make sure it also has a ABS sensor mount as well.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    Im not sure if this helps you, but on the EG the GLi had a different steering knuckle to one that would have had a a larger disc (DC2 for example) so the calipers were not interchangable,

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Sorry more clairfication, the front knuckle/hub assembly is from a EK gli.

What can i measure on the knuckle assembly to determine if its one that fits the 262mm? It has the ABS mount. plus what is the measurement?

Thanks
    OEM Front Lip, Ghetto Special CAI, ASR Brace, ITR Rear Sway, N+ Coilovers, X-Force Headers and TL Muffler, Custom B Pipe, type-r rear lip, OEM visors

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    check if the gap between the caliper mounting holes is the same on both knuckles.
    or just try fit the caliper on with a disc on the studs.

from memory the calipers have a different width between the bolt holes but cant be certain.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Measure the disc if its still on there.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Sorry, got the parts from hondwreck. so its just the knuckle assembly only. I won't be able to test the caliper and disc mounting as a shop will be doing this change for me.

I can confirm that the knuckle is from JhmEk1 1999 ABS civic EK
    The driveshaft is from a jhmek1 1998 D16 auto ABS civic EK. if its auto will that work with a manual box?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    d16 drive shafts are different to b16

why are you changing the knuckle?
    and driveshaft?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...K1-Go-or-No-go

fr om that thread it says the calipers are the same so the knuckles will fit accross, but driveshafts ARE different so i dont know if you could use a B series axle into your EK1 knuckle
    Last edited by Baby Face; 29-04-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Crap so i'll need to get the right drvieshafts.

I'm changing the knuckle because the axle nut is seized on good and i need to replace a CV boot.
    Mechanic had advised that if the nut is seized on that bad that the hub could get damaged when they try to pull it out as the driveshaft will typically be seized as well.

So was going to save trouble of reefing the driveshaft out of my Ek4 knuckle assembly and just change everything over.

So the knuckle assembly will be ok alteast?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Can anyone else confirm if the EK GLI knuckle is able to be swapped over to the EK4?

Thanks

I don't see why not. Same front track between EK4 and EK1, same size rotors/calipers and same size driveshaft spline

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by quang View Post
    Can anyone else confirm if the EK GLI knuckle is able to be swapped over to the EK4?

Thanks
    yes it can, you just need to make sure it has the ABS sensor mount
    OEM parts whore