•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR

Service Accord Euro CL9 [Part #2] ATF flush and ATF Filter

Service Accord Euro CL9 [Part #2] Auto-Matic Transmission Fluid flush and Filter change
    Changing the automatic transmission fluid , transmission filter ..yes it does exist
    Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: To be able to service your own Honda Accord Euro reducing the costs instead of spending it on mechanics and or dealerships.

Required:
    • 3/8 socket wrench + Breaker bar (will get that transmission bolt off)
    • Oil Pan
    • Honda OEM Automatic fluid ATF-DW1
    • 3/8 Magnetic inline transmission filter (search n buy online Ebay etc)
    • Funnel
    • Pliers
    • 10mm socket with long extension
    Steps:
    Unlike the other DIY with the engine oil change that has a nice lil plastic lid to access the sump bolt I found that u have to take the plastic covering to access the transmission drain bolt. lets take that cover off.

Just be mind full there is 1 clip on either side of the splash guards that also need to be undone in order to remove the entire plastic undertray.
    Look around the following area fender meets with the front bar.

Once the plastic under tray is off

Put that 3/8 square wrench no sockets needed into transmission bolt and attach the breaker bar ... must of been a gorilla who worked on my car previously cause I found this pretty HARD to get off initially. Thank God for the breaker bar.

let that ATF drain into the oil pan
    my observation is that the ATF did smell and was thick as appose to the smoothe grape juice colour I would use to be seeing and im glad I got onto this.

Apart from sliding the oil pan around this is a good way to check even the exact amount required when putting NEW! transmission later on.

Put the transmission bolt back up.
    Now time for that illusive transmission filter that I barely see proper pics anywhere online.
    So lets check it out... this new filter took soo long to get into AUS. Due to the seller getting the postage all wrong.

Take the airbox off that's the only thing that needs to be taken off when access and replacing the transmission filter.

see this bolt all the way down there (below image) that's why u need a long extension with a 10mm socket on the end to access it. N.B there is only two bolts that need to be removed to take out the airbox. 1) top right on the shock tower (above image) and 2) between the battery and the airbox on the bottom left side (below image)

Now that the airbox is free start detaching all the pipes that connect onto the intake pipe.

Can you see em the sneaky B@stard hehe

lets take a close up of it.

Now use the pliers and pinch those clips u see on the hose on both top and bottom of the filter(below image) as those are what is holding onto the filter. Also there is a 10mm bolt to the right side of the filter use 10mm socket to get that bracket off.
    Last edited by Snoop_gee; 04-05-2013 at 02:20 PM.

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    before you take off the filter PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have a rag or so underneath the filter to prevent this.

While it maybe a couple of drops and have ATF everywhere be ready for it. Unlike me.
    Lets have a look at the filters up close.

Clean up that ATF mess and fit the new aftermarket ATF filter. Please carefully note I have put the OEM bracket because the entire filter sits in the air without hitting anything.

Put the Air box back on.

Airbox fitted back up properly.. you can just see the magnetic ATF filter

Also reattach the under tray plastics
    Last edited by Snoop_gee; 04-05-2013 at 02:31 PM.

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR

Its been interesting doing this service and being to learn from it.
    As I have seen and read to service your CL9 is not a luxury but it is a MUST and should always be looked at the right time.

If you haven't done so make sure do the transmission filter while your doing the engine oil filter and engine oil and ATF.
    Last edited by Snoop_gee; 04-05-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 CL9 + '07 FD
    THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS A MILLLLLLIONNNNNNNNN .. Can I ask why you didn't go with OEM Filter? ..
    If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Butso View Post
    THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS A MILLLLLLIONNNNNNNNN .. Can I ask why you didn't go with OEM Filter? ..
    why not?
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CP2 2010
    Ummm isn't that Magnafine put in backwards? I think the flow direction is towards the cabin firewall? Quote from fredoops ..."Arrow points towards the cabin".

Also that one is a made in Chinese Magnafine knockoff, not the original. How do I know...I got caught out the same and again fredoops gave me the good info on this. Effing fleaby!

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    nice diy
    ballin bro
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

which way should the filter face? rather confused by this DIY and Fredoops' comment on arrow facing cabin.

Anyone?

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    guys as for which way the filter direction should be the sticker actually indicated this.
    with red arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_gee View Post
    guys as for which way the filter direction should be the sticker actually indicated this.
    with red arrows.
    Not answering the question here.. Not talking about the red arrow on the filter per se, but rather which way the arrow should be facing when installed on the car. Question is filter facing towards cabin (back of car) or radiator(front of car)?

Anyway the answer is Arrow should be pointing towards cabin (back of car). Take note when installing as DIY pics are incorrect on where filter should be facing.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Really good DIY
    I don't want to sound like a noob
    But there wasn't any pics/instructions of where to put the new ATF fluid
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum