Member Array
    Car:
    06 CL9 Lux

CL9 Fuel Filter Replacement

So my euro's clocked over 80,000km and its time for its service. The service manual says that the fuel filter needs to be replaced at 80k. I heard the owners manual provides you information on location and how to replace the fuel filter but I can't seem to find it. All ive gathered from the net is that the filter is located at the rear of the boot but im more concerned if any safety precautions are needed before removing the old filter. e.g. removing fuel pump fuse etc. . If anyones got the instructions or advice replacing this, I would appreciate it.

EDIT: I have a 06 euro
    Last edited by blueskyz; 08-05-2013 at 01:39 PM.
    Eibach Pro Kit - Mugen Visors - Injen CAI - Cusco Front Strut - CT Engineering RSB 22mm - Alpine Type R Speakers + Sub - Pioneer DEH 4350UB

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Pretty sure the fuel filter is in bed with the fuel pump
    Requiring you to drop the fuel tank?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Should be able to access from the boot, under the spare tyre.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 CL9 Lux
    so its a simple straight swap.. unbolt a few screws and replace? will fuel start spraying out or just leak down.

has anyone here replaced it themselves with no problems?
    Eibach Pro Kit - Mugen Visors - Injen CAI - Cusco Front Strut - CT Engineering RSB 22mm - Alpine Type R Speakers + Sub - Pioneer DEH 4350UB

Its connected to the fuel pump. Pull it out and swap the filter. I'll see if I can pull out the service manual and associated pages when I get home

Member Array
    Car:
    06 CL9 Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by peetah View Post
    Its connected to the fuel pump. Pull it out and swap the filter. I'll see if I can pull out the service manual and associated pages when I get home
    thanks for the help

any updates on this?
    regarding instructions please

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    It's a bit tricky.
    If you are not careful you will break the clips that hold the fuel filter to the fuel pump.
    It is very hard to explain how to do it.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Also make sure you run your fuel down to under 1/4 tank before you replace it.Otherwise you'll have petrol smell in your car for weeks.

yea thanks guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro
    Here are the three sections from the service manual you need. It takes about an hour to do.
    Attached Files

^^^
    best bloke ever!