Member Array
    Car:
    Civic

DPHA Wilwood brake kit

Hey guys,
    stumbled across this new brake caliper which bolts directly on to 262mm hubs and works with the OE 262mm rotors.
    http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Bra...ption=Coupe+SI
    wonder if it will work with 15" RPF1s..

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    it does say it clears em1 si 15inch wheels i dont see why it shouldnt clear rpf1s

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Yeah but does em1 clear ITR/ek9 brakes? RPF1 doesn't. I've asked Enkei for a template but doubt they will give me one. Will make a brake template up and check next time my wheel is off. Love my RPF1s but hate the brake choices available...
    This wilwood kit would look damn sexy IMO

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Doesn't clear rpf1.
    Enkei got back to my email and stated it will fit but only with a 5mm spacer..
    Something to keep in mind for my next brake upgrade

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    It's the width/offset of your wheels that is the issue. Not the diameter.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    cheers for the input mate.

My apologies I've probably taken this thread off topic. I wanted to just show off this awesome brake upgrade for people with the same hub as mine.

As far as your statement though I'm going to have to disagree. If width and offset were the issue then TE37 and CE28s (15x7 +35) would also not fit. As a general rule, and if all else was equal then width and offset would be the issue.
    I appreciate your input but it's actually the wheel and spoke design which is the issue.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R & 09 CRV
    This is a very nice kit. I just emailed willwood I want to get a set for my EK4

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCivic View Post
    cheers for the input mate.

My apologies I've probably taken this thread off topic. I wanted to just show off this awesome brake upgrade for people with the same hub as mine.

As far as your statement though I'm going to have to disagree. If width and offset were the issue then TE37 and CE28s (15x7 +35) would also not fit. As a general rule, and if all else was equal then width and offset would be the issue.
    I appreciate your input but it's actually the wheel and spoke design which is the issue.
    Yep it most likely does have to do with the spoke design. Therefore, if you had a wider wheel or lower offset then the kit would fit with 15" RPF1s. Your original question was pertaining to the diametre of the wheel which I'm pointing out has nothing to do with whether or not the kit will fit. The brake kit may fit underneath certain 15" RPF1s, just not the specs you have... which you have failed to mention in this thread.

Similar to myself, my RPF1s do not clear my Spoon calipers but my CE28s with exact same offset and width do.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayseuro04 View Post
    This is a very nice kit. I just emailed willwood I want to get a set for my EK4
    Cool as man, I'd have done the same if i didn't just purchase and install new dixcel rotors and pads. Let us know how they go and post some pictures so I can ogle at them

Quote Originally Posted by Symphorced View Post
    Yep it most likely does have to do with the spoke design. Therefore, if you had a wider wheel or lower offset then the kit would fit with 15" RPF1s. Your original question was pertaining to the diametre of the wheel which I'm pointing out has nothing to do with whether or not the kit will fit. The brake kit may fit underneath certain 15" RPF1s, just not the specs you have... which you have failed to mention in this thread.

Similar to myself, my RPF1s do not clear my Spoon calipers but my CE28s with exact same offset and width do.
    Yes I see the point you are making.

Such a shame the RPF1s don't clear many BBKs. They are such a good looking and good value wheel.