Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1997 Honda crv

Cool New forum member and Honda CRV owner

Hi all i am new to the forum, i have just purchased a 1997 Honda crv AUTO with 248,000 on the clock for $5,500.
    I was a bit concerned about the km's as i always thought at 300,000 cars were ready to throw out and get a new one, but i have talked to a lot of Honda mechanics and they tell me that this is fine especially if the crv was well looked after and serviced regularly as this one has been.
    The question i have is the previous owners have lost the key fob for central locking, after doing much research on the net and getting a price from Honda Central here in Hobart $209 thank you very much....i found they are obviously cheaper on eBay $47.00.
    But i need to know the FCC I.D number and i have no clue where to find it, i have the part number i think but the other eludes me.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Karina

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    if its the genuine honda remote, then i would just let honda do it. other wise u can get another one, and i think they can reprogram it for you for about 60 ish.

but cant remember off my head ask them though

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1997 Honda crv
    The honda dealer said they would program the key fob for free....I dont have $209 thats why I was looking at getting one of ebay.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    hmm i dont know much about the subject.

is the key set like this?

or try this?
    http://www.remotesunlimited.com/remo...year/HONDA.php

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1997 Honda crv
    no the fob has the 3 buttons lock/ unlock and boot open button, i think after much debate i will just have to suck it up and get a Honda dealer one for $209 and let them program it.....its just to risky spending $50 to $60 on one of the net and it could be a waste of money.
    But cheers for the advice.