Quote Originally Posted by educk View Post
thankyou ))))) yeah i think ive decided on the springs ^_^ they seem much more suited because its not like i am going to put my car into racing, it is just for everyday drive and i think the whole adjustable thing kinda defeats the whole purpose for me getting my car lowered because .. well, i want to get it lowered for it to be lower LOL not to bring it back up again etc

as for the exhaust, im still somewhat confused... so the exhaust is the name for like.. the whole sound? component? that your car makes? and the catback is like the pipe that connects the EXHAUST (which im assuming is in the hood of my car) to the .. to the little pipe thing that sticks out of the butt of my car? is there a name for tha? or is that just called an exhaust pipe or something LOL so what is a muffler then? this is so much more complex than i originally thought LOL omg sorry im such a downie HAHAHAflkjdlkafjdlk
Adjustable means you can go lower, really low, or scrub down low
Adjustable are the best
Why?
Lets say you get lowered springs/shocks/dampers that are non adjustable and install them in your car
And realise that your car is too low and you cannot go over speed humps/curbs without your chassis (bottom of the car) hitting unmovable objects
You cannot 'adjust' them or raise them, because you cannot - so you wasted $300-500 dollar

Now with adjustable you can set any height you want
From stock - yes stock height
To really low, or just lowered a couple of inches
See what we are getting at here?

And exhaust means the down piping from the engine, all the way to the back of the car
Exhaust is the whole system
Comprised of the headers/extractors
To the down pipe
To the catback - which is a Catalytic Converter. It catches all the nasty gas from the engine and 'converts' the gas to less harmful fumes
To a straight pipe/silencer
To a muffler - which muffles the noise, as a car without all this system is VERY VERY LOUD
To the exhaust pipe tips
Hope the picture helps