Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Are you a girl...
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FB2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Are you a girl...
    yes... why do u ask that like its something dreaded and horrible ._.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Are you a girl...
    +1 I thought of this on the 2nd page too lol. She knows thats its a fb2 but cant read the engine block number.

And OP = Original Poster which is you.

You also got to consider how much you love this car. Yes even i loved my 1st car. Yes I even said i wont sell it. Yes i drowned 20k on it. Yes i sold it for 8k lol.

Now i bought another civic and Im planning to drown another 20k in it cos its a passion/hobby for me.

Do you really want to spend so much money on a car??

Isnt there something more you would like to do with your money?? (Shoes,Makeup,Cloths...getting trashed with the girls??)

I would say just get nice set of springs cost approx $500 from pedders installed.

Get a cannon installed cost under 250

And call it a day.

Not being a dick but srsly Im being honest.

Everytime i tell my family or firends how much I have used on my 99 Civic or on my girlfirends jazz lol everyone laughs at me.

Im just being honest.

Also why wreck such a nice car. If i had something new like that I would not touch it. But thats just me I do like the smooth nice and quiet ride. Plus i think girls are hotter driving stock cars. Just me lol.

And Baby Face WHOA IT DSNT HAVE A HEADER?? WOW it must be a super quiet car.

OH I HAVE TEST DRIVEN THIS CAR. Dont change a single thing its perfect from factory.

Once my missus Jazz is sold this is what shes upgrading to.

Dont change it your voiding your warranty. Yes its slow but who cares you got features that shits all over other cars in that price range.
    Last edited by amant02; 15-05-2013 at 02:08 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    ignor him (jasemas). youre a girl wiht a honda and thats great.

NOW:
    getting a new muffler will change the exhaust system.
    the only way to make it louder or change the noise of your exhaust system is to modify it.
    so you can put holes in it (before the muffler) or you can get a new muffler, or a new system all together.
    by changing the muffler for a Sporty style one you will be removing the old one which is very silencing and putting on one that has less baffling.
    simple right?

to make it louder then you can have the piping changed to a bigger size, i dont think this is necessary for you though, since it will change the feel of the engine a lil and probably wont benefit city driving much at all.

you could also ask the exhaust shop to cut off the muffler and make a new pipe to replace it (this will probably make a pretty cool noise) and then they can just weld/attach a fancy tip to make it look sexier from behind.

a new muffler will come with a new tip but that doesnt mean the tips cant be changed or welded over.

i actually recommend you have the old muffler removed and have a straight pipe with a new tip put on instead.

PS dont get a love heart or star shape tip or any of that stuff, that shit is terrible and putting it on is a sin.

a stright pipe should be more than 60$
    Last edited by Baby Face; 15-05-2013 at 02:36 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    What did I say that was offending??

Just trying to help her out in her best interest.

And lol at your suggestion to crack her exhaust. Thats a Sin

Now I dont think you guys need much of an explanation why she shouldn't do this.

But OP if your really interested in using your money like this knowing you will not get this money back if anything your just dropping down what your car is worth currently.

SureFlo - Exhaust shop in Ingleburn do really good exhaust and have a great deal more experience then you will find on the forums.

Bankstown Exhaust - Great customer service, questionable knowledge on hondas but they do what you ask them to do and the welds I have seen them do look like Factory robot welds.

For your lowering eibach is a good brand or Tien S if you would like to keep things simple just go pedders and they will do a descent job for you.

This is just my 2cents. Have a read of peoples build threads and what the sticky's all over these forums it will help your car knowledge grow.

The information the other 2 perth lads are giving you are on the dot.
    Last edited by amant02; 15-05-2013 at 02:29 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FB2
    omg relax people LOL i absolutely love my car despite a lot of my more jdm-influenced friends disagreeing and trying to make me sell it and buy a new one lol i love my car stock but it is just a tad too high for me which is why i want it lowered a little. i dont want it scraping the floor.... and yes im aware that the handling will alter after i lower it which is why im only 99% sure on lowering and if i am 100% i want to be able to find the most reliable mechanic to do it for me hahah

and as for the exhaust was merely just an intriguing thought, i wasnt set on getting one.. but just because i dont 100% want one doesnt mean i dont want to know how it still works :P sorry i get kind of carried away when it comes to cars because its actually so complex that its fascinating LOL

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FB2
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Do you really want to spend so much money on a car??

Isnt there something more you would like to do with your money?? (Shoes,Makeup,Cloths...getting trashed with the girls??)

I would say just get nice set of springs cost approx $500 from pedders installed.

Get a cannon installed cost under 250

And call it a day.
    yeah lol this part here makes if sound like u thought i was going to spend thousands. only a couple hundred LOL i just wanted good springs and thats about it. i wasnt fully after bags or a whole exhaust system change.. but yeah as i said, i just got a bit carried away with asking questions LOL

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FB2
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    For your lowering eibach is a good brand or Tien S if you would like to keep things simple just go pedders and they will do a descent job for you.

This is just my 2cents. Have a read of peoples build threads and what the sticky's all over these forums it will help your car knowledge grow.

The information the other 2 perth lads are giving you are on the dot.
    ive seen some absolutely horrible reviews about pedders not so keen lol but can they just install springs uve already bought? or do u have to buy their own springs? haha good thing you live in sydney, thanks for the heads up on the workshops!

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Yes i dislike pedders as well.

yes they will install springs for you that you provide.

If you would like information on pricing and what not theres a guy named Senna on this forum. His really good with pricing from what I've read.

Theres also other guys here who are willing to install it for cheap I think one of the moderators Ben.

Give them a try. Well I'm off to sleep I got work tmr need to earn dollars for my car. Feel free to PM me if you need help.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    or do you have a k20z engine?
    they are either R18 or R20 now

so it'd be a extractor cast in head design
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    IMO after reading all that... just lower it on some decent springs, it will be fine.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FB2
    lol yeah sry its an r18 engine and it is an fb2 ... and yes i called up eibach and the springs for my car are currently out of stock an will e back in a few wks