Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by educk View Post
    thankyou ))))) yeah i think ive decided on the springs ^_^ they seem much more suited because its not like i am going to put my car into racing, it is just for everyday drive and i think the whole adjustable thing kinda defeats the whole purpose for me getting my car lowered because .. well, i want to get it lowered for it to be lower LOL not to bring it back up again etc

as for the exhaust, im still somewhat confused... so the exhaust is the name for like.. the whole sound? component? that your car makes? and the catback is like the pipe that connects the EXHAUST (which im assuming is in the hood of my car) to the .. to the little pipe thing that sticks out of the butt of my car? is there a name for tha? or is that just called an exhaust pipe or something LOL so what is a muffler then? this is so much more complex than i originally thought LOL omg sorry im such a downie HAHAHAflkjdlkafjdlk
    Adjustable means you can go lower, really low, or scrub down low
    Adjustable are the best
    Why?
    Lets say you get lowered springs/shocks/dampers that are non adjustable and install them in your car
    And realise that your car is too low and you cannot go over speed humps/curbs without your chassis (bottom of the car) hitting unmovable objects
    You cannot 'adjust' them or raise them, because you cannot - so you wasted $300-500 dollar

Now with adjustable you can set any height you want
    From stock - yes stock height
    To really low, or just lowered a couple of inches
    See what we are getting at here?

And exhaust means the down piping from the engine, all the way to the back of the car
    Exhaust is the whole system
    Comprised of the headers/extractors
    To the down pipe
    To the catback - which is a Catalytic Converter. It catches all the nasty gas from the engine and 'converts' the gas to less harmful fumes
    To a straight pipe/silencer
    To a muffler - which muffles the noise, as a car without all this system is VERY VERY LOUD
    To the exhaust pipe tips
    Hope the picture helps

You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by educk View Post
    ummm... im not too sure ._____. how do i find out? :S
    Well what 9th gen civic do you have?
    Is it a coupe - 2 door
    Hatchback - 4 door
    Sedan - 4 door with boot

And what trim is it?
    Sport
    VTi-L
    VTi-S

That can help us with what engine/car specs you have

As for finding your engine number on the engine block
    I;m stumped with these new engines

Check out these new links
    That'll help with your lack of familiarity with cars
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-cars-see-here

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...r-car-see-here
    Last edited by Jasemas; 15-05-2013 at 12:24 AM.

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    how did u determine you have an fb2 but not know the engine?

look on the engine for a number.
    or if your engine looks like the ones i posted before thats an R18 engine.

since you dont seem to have any real track purpose or interest in gaining power just get a press bent 2.25inch cat back system. should be cheap 200$ at most for a press bent. Mandrel bent is more pricey (but better quality bends).
    OR!
    just ask the shop to weld a Hot Dog resonator at the end to replace your muffler.

in regards to the pics above remember your catalytic converter is on the front of the engine and points down ward into a pipe that then goes under the engine and to the rear of the car

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FB2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Adjustable means you can go lower, really low, or scrub down low
    Adjustable are the best
    Why?
    Lets say you get lowered springs/shocks/dampers that are non adjustable and install them in your car
    And realise that your car is too low and you cannot go over speed humps/curbs without your chassis (bottom of the car) hitting unmovable objects
    You cannot 'adjust' them or raise them, because you cannot - so you wasted $300-500 dollar

Now with adjustable you can set any height you want
    From stock - yes stock height
    To really low, or just lowered a couple of inches
    See what we are getting at here?

And exhaust means the down piping from the engine, all the way to the back of the car
    Exhaust is the whole system
    Comprised of the headers/extractors
    To the down pipe
    To the catback - which is a Catalytic Converter. It catches all the nasty gas from the engine and 'converts' the gas to less harmful fumes
    To a straight pipe/silencer
    To a muffler - which muffles the noise, as a car without all this system is VERY VERY LOUD
    To the exhaust pipe tips
    Hope the picture helps

ah so pretty much its all a matter of luck whether i like the final look of how low my car is???? yeah i think my friend had that problem! he lowered his dc5r and then after a few months he put it up a little bit because he was sick of the scraping.. but as long as i dont get springs that are TOO low then it should be fine right? as long as i do my research into these springs?

its a VTi-L sedan )

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    how did u determine you have an fb2 but not know the engine?

look on the engine for a number.
    or if your engine looks like the ones i posted before thats an R18 engine.

since you dont seem to have any real track purpose or interest in gaining power just get a press bent 2.25inch cat back system. should be cheap 200$ at most for a press bent. Mandrel bent is more pricey (but better quality bends).
    OR!
    just ask the shop to weld a Hot Dog resonator at the end to replace your muffler.

in regards to the pics above remember your catalytic converter is on the front of the engine and points down ward into a pipe that then goes under the engine and to the rear of the car
    im not sure :S i was just told by my friend it was an fb2 because the fb6 is the sport version and because mine is just a VTi-L model... i will go take a look at the engine/vin number tomorrow when it is not pitch black outside haha

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    i put springs on my car and its lower than legal height, a bit of a bitch if im honest.

better off getting ground control if i did it again.

but for me i think i should get some COILovers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FB2
    i put springs on my car and its lower than legal height, a bit of a bitch if im honest.

better off getting ground control if i did it again.

but for me i think i should get some COILovers
    really? so was it not what u expected? im looking at a set of eibach springs that will supposedly lower my car about 1.5" (sportline range) and i think about 1-1.25" for non sportline... it should be an approximate measurement of how low it will go right? or does it depend on the car when its actually installed?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Your car has an R18 engine
    1.8 litre
    If i were you i'd sell it and buy an EK or a Jazz
    As your car is new - there's not a whole range of aftermarket/performance parts, as it's an economy box
    The newer model of Honda's are almost unmodifiable and made of tin foil (e.g Honda Jazz radiator support beam)
    You'll get that 'sexy pur' but at the cost of people laughing at you and not much performance gain as your car has not exhaust manifold

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    nah keep it unless u really wanna be sporty if u just wanna look sporty use those measurements get your springs and and get a new muffler. if its still not a good enough noice get a cat back for it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FB2
    Your car has an R18 engine
    1.8 litre
    If i were you i'd sell it and buy an EK or a Jazz
    As your car is new - there's not a whole range of aftermarket/performance parts, as it's an economy box
    The newer model of Honda's are almost unmodifiable and made of tin foil (e.g Honda Jazz radiator support beam)
    You'll get that 'sexy pur' but at the cost of people laughing at you and not much performance gain as your car has not exhaust manifold
    but i love my car it has been through a lot with me... and regardless, it is not my car to sell HAHA it is still the family car (although my parents barely touch it and i drive it everywhere) so the idea for an exhaust i should just wipe completely from my mind and not get one? ..... i dont understand why people would laugh at me though thats just mean HAHAHA

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    If it's not your car - and you have only had it for less than a year (how much can you go through)
    I do NOT think you should be doing these modifications without your family/parents permit/consent
    As cars with coilovers/exhaust/any mods can void your insurance etc.
    I think you should reconsider all of this until those questions can be answered

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FB2
    nah keep it unless u really wanna be sporty if u just wanna look sporty use those measurements get your springs and and get a new muffler. if its still not a good enough noice get a cat back for it.
    so if i just add a muffler, my exhaust system will stay the same, but jsut the noise will be different?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FB2
    If it's not your car - and you have only had it for less than a year (how much can you go through)
    I do NOT think you should be doing these modifications without your family/parents permit/consent
    As cars with coilovers/exhaust/any mods can void your insurance etc.
    I think you should reconsider all of this until those questions can be answered
    yeah theyre fine with it! but they want me to just collect all the information i can so they can agree and discuss all kinds of options etc before i concrete it all down HAHA which is why im asking all these questions atm sorry LOL