S2k + CBX250
    have you called honda to determine if it voids warranty to
    A) install springs.
    B) Any exhaust modifications.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Told you horn bags that its an r18 :P
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    From my experience, if its still under warranty, itll void anything related to that part. Just get a new muffler. N king springs. In my opinon.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    king is probably a good idea in this case since they are soft.

Quote Originally Posted by educk View Post
    what does OP mean?? my friend just said apparently you have to change coilovers every now and then.. please tell me thats not true HAHA so ultimately in the long run coilovers > springs i guess? although i would have to invest slightly more money into it....
    What your friend is referring to I think, is when you buy a set of coilovers, they generally don't last as long as shocks & springs due to their construction. There are many factors to the accelerated wear rate of coilovers inclusive of usage [People still can't grasp the concept that race spec coilovers [Mostly cheap ones] wear out very fast on the street], quality of parts, height and dampener setting.

So you can either overhaul it [Can be expensive, some brands must be sent overseas] or buy a new set and sell off your old set/bin the old set.
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 16-05-2013 at 02:15 AM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FB2
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    have you called honda to determine if it voids warranty to
    A) install springs.
    B) Any exhaust modifications.
    no not yet .... am somewhat dreading the answer LOL how long do warrantys usually last? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Harricade View Post
    From my experience, if its still under warranty, itll void anything related to that part. Just get a new muffler. N king springs. In my opinon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    king is probably a good idea in this case since they are soft.
    i was thinking eibach? ive heard a lot of good things about eibach so thats why im set on those right now.. havent heard much about kings. are they reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    What your friend is referring to I think, is when you buy a set of coilovers, they generally don't last as long as shocks & springs due to their construction. There are many factors to the accelerated wear rate of coilovers inclusive of usage [People still can't grasp the concept that race spec coilovers [Mostly cheap ones] wear out very fast on the street], quality of parts, height and dampener setting.

So you can either overhaul it [Can be expensive, some brands must be sent overseas] or buy a new set and sell off your old set/bin the old set.
    oh really? so, although coilovers are "better" , they wear out faster and arent as longlasting as springs? ... so then in the end for me just as a regular everyday driver who doesnt do any drastic racing or harsh driving in general would just be more suited to a good sturdy set of springs?

Quote Originally Posted by educk View Post
    i was thinking eibach? ive heard a lot of good things about eibach so thats why im set on those right now.. havent heard much about kings. are they reliable?

oh really? so, although coilovers are "better" , they wear out faster and arent as longlasting as springs? ... so then in the end for me just as a regular everyday driver who doesnt do any drastic racing or harsh driving in general would just be more suited to a good sturdy set of springs?
    I dislike the quality of King Springs personally... Dependent on the application some of their springs are too soft... Eibach is reputable and you shouldn't have much issues with them as long as you keep to their softer lineup.

-------------

Regarding coilovers, that is a general misconception. People that have not experienced enough with setting up cars will claim for fact that in general coilovers will beat shocks and springs combo both on the street and on the circuit which is utter nonsense. Handling =/= Stiffness. Handling is more about the ability for a driver to push the car to the limit with confidence. A car bouncing off bumps and not absorbing the bumps instead isn't going to give you confidence, quite the opposite actually.

Shocks & Springs due to simpler and sturdier design and specification [Street spec ones anyway] aren't as 'stiff' in general thus last longer than coilovers. Think of it like a cheap roundabout car being easier and cheaper to maintain then an exotic Supercar.

Suspension is all about application. So for your application, your car is a DD [Daily Driver] and you stated yourself you want to lower it but not to the extent I think you said that the car will be 'dumped'. Eibach springs with stock shocks should be sufficient, you can change shocks when the stock ones wear out which will be some time cause your car is pretty new and low ks?

- FAQ on Coilovers
    - FAQ on Shocks & Springs, not finished though lol

------------

Regarding exhaust, if you just want to make the exhaust note a little more 'audible' without drawing too much attention rather than chasing performance, you can just change the axleback on your car to a high flow muffler. This will usually be slightly larger than your stock one but visibly unaltered from factory hence less attention. It is a little hard to predict the note and volume changes though as different designs and different material changes the pitch, tone and volume.
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 16-05-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FB2
    a more softer spring from eibach.. so would the sport springs be softer or the regular springs be softer? the regular ones im assuming? LOL

Think of it like a cheap roundabout car being easier and cheaper to maintain then an exotic Supercar.
    bravo! that analogy actually helped a lot LOL

but yeah my car is almost a year old so it should be fine i think, and its not like i drive very aggressively normally anyway, if anything im a pussy driver (although if im angry i tend to floor the accelerator a lot hahaha) because i am a stingy fxck when it comes to conserving petrol LOL even though my car already has amazingly low fuel consumption LOL is changing shocks simple?... actually dont answer that, i will ask that when the time comes to change them HAHAHAHHA

i looked at a few "mufflers" but they all seem to be pretty big ._. the exhaust pipe sticking out under my car is weird because it points downwards and u cant really see it unless u fully bend underneath the car so i was just rethinking any modifications with that... since it would be hard to find/install a new muffler and make it point down?.. or whatveer omg i dont know i am way too hungry and tired right now lol

Can you list the ones Eibach has available for your car?

That way I can check their specs

Yup, your shocks should be fine for a long time provided the springs aren't too aggressive [Stiff + Very Low = Aggressive]. Shocks aren't that hard, just like springs, you need to know your application and have the right advice, you'll be fine Yup, leave it to when your factory shocks are shot lol...

Is it possible for you to take a picture of your car from the rear then? When I mentioned muffler, I was referring to the overall design unlike a Cannon... Something like this:

Is classified as a high flowing muffler =)
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 16-05-2013 at 04:28 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    ^that is a butiful muffler!

People often say coilovers are 'better' because they can either go stance|works lower or are fullysik spec hard which must be better (it's just not..)

So IMO go for a nice set of springs with some drop and a slightly harder rate but don't go for anything crazy
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    I dislike the quality of King Springs personally... Dependent on the application some of their springs are too soft... Eibach is reputable and you shouldn't have much issues with them as long as you keep to their softer lineup.

-------------

Regarding coilovers, that is a general misconception. People that have not experienced enough with setting up cars will claim for fact that in general coilovers will beat shocks and springs combo both on the street and on the circuit which is utter nonsense. Handling =/= Stiffness. Handling is more about the ability for a driver to push the car to the limit with confidence. A car bouncing off bumps and not absorbing the bumps instead isn't going to give you confidence, quite the opposite actually.

Shocks & Springs due to simpler and sturdier design and specification [Street spec ones anyway] aren't as 'stiff' in general thus last longer than coilovers. Think of it like a cheap roundabout car being easier and cheaper to maintain then an exotic Supercar.

Suspension is all about application. So for your application, your car is a DD [Daily Driver] and you stated yourself you want to lower it but not to the extent I think you said that the car will be 'dumped'. Eibach springs with stock shocks should be sufficient, you can change shocks when the stock ones wear out which will be some time cause your car is pretty new and low ks?

- FAQ on Coilovers
    - FAQ on Shocks & Springs, not finished though lol

------------

Regarding exhaust, if you just want to make the exhaust note a little more 'audible' without drawing too much attention rather than chasing performance, you can just change the axleback on your car to a high flow muffler. This will usually be slightly larger than your stock one but visibly unaltered from factory hence less attention. It is a little hard to predict the note and volume changes though as different designs and different material changes the pitch, tone and volume.
    not only is it a confidence thing, but its also more so a stability thing, u cant control a car if the front wheels dont stay on the ground to apply power or directional control

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FB2
    Can you list the ones Eibach has available for your car?

That way I can check their specs

Yup, your shocks should be fine for a long time provided the springs aren't too aggressive [Stiff + Very Low = Aggressive]. Shocks aren't that hard, just like springs, you need to know your application and have the right advice, you'll be fine Yup, leave it to when your factory shocks are shot lol...

Is it possible for you to take a picture of your car from the rear then? When I mentioned muffler, I was referring to the overall design unlike a Cannon... Something like this:

Is classified as a high flowing muffler =)
    looks exactly like this:

sry my dad purposelly took the car this morning when i was sleeping LOLOL and ye so i couldnt take a photo hahha

the springs.. umm im actually not too sure which ones they are. although the other day i called the eibach in warriewood and asked them if they had springs for my car and the guy said theyll restock them in a few weeks time, although he didnt specify which ones they were... but i tried doing a google search just then and i came up with this website?

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/eibach/spring-apps-Honda.html

i think my civic is the one halfway down the list: "Civic 2 & 4-door 1.8L 4 Cyl." its either this one or "Civic 4 Cyl." this one since they are both 2012 models and my car is 4cylinder and 1.8L and its a 4door ._. but then there isnt much information on the types of springs.... T_T and regardless, they both say TBA so :|:|:| but ive seen some 2012 civics have eibach springs installed? bleh

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    ^that is a butiful muffler!

People often say coilovers are 'better' because they can either go stance|works lower or are fullysik spec hard which must be better (it's just not..)

So IMO go for a nice set of springs with some drop and a slightly harder rate but don't go for anything crazy
    haha ye i just want it lowered like a max of 2"... preferably about 1.75"

are there any other good brands i should look at for springs?

as for the kings, surpposedly the lowered springs are KHFL171 for the front and KHFL172 for the back... are these just liek codes for the types of springs?
    Last edited by educk; 16-05-2013 at 12:40 PM.