Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Velocity Stacks

Velocity Stacks

Hi Guys,
    I was looking around on the internet and i was reading some stuff about Pod Filters with Velocity stacks. I read some reviews and how it works and it seems pretty legit.

I have a K20z2 Engine in a 2010 Hond a Civic Sports and currently running a SRI with a A3 Pod Filter.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences on Pod filters with Velocity Stacks. Induction noise, Power Difference, Better flow and all that.

Thanks
    Ben

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    The velosity stack with a good 3in intake pipe set up will net some kw, but without doing headers, exhaust etc the gains will be very hard to feel while driving. Only thing you will really feel will be throttle response
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    ... ^ and the amount of induction noise, even when idling! 'ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'

I gotta PasswordJDM 'whale penis' intake with a velocity stack. Arrived already glued together, so I couldn't compare intake with and without the veloctiy stack.
    Last edited by 3K9; 30-05-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    Currently officially unofficially Ozhonda's vinyl sticker distributor:
    1 Small 150 x 29mm: $6 posted
    1 Large 250 x 43mm: $8 posted

IG: thenameis3k9

Quote Originally Posted by 3K9 View Post
    ... ^ and the amount of induction noise, even when idling! 'ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'

I gotta PasswordJDM 'whale penis' intake with a velocity stack. Arrived already glued together, so I couldn't compare intake with and without the veloctiy stack.
    The K20Z2 Motor has the whole MAF sensor and all those electronics so you cant really hear the 'ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' on idle
    I wish i could hear it though

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Blox FTW!!!

Last edited by DLO01; 30-05-2013 at 05:14 PM.
    Deano.

Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    Blox FTW!!!

Can i just buy one and put it in my A3 Pod Filter?

dont waste your time.

Either get ANY aftermarket air intake to give some more intake noise - they are really all the same (on a standard ECU'd car) or dont bother.

It will pull or drop a kw or two across the range , nothing else. Wont make your car any faster in any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    dont waste your time.

Either get ANY aftermarket air intake to give some more intake noise - they are really all the same (on a standard ECU'd car) or dont bother.

It will pull or drop a kw or two across the range , nothing else. Wont make your car any faster in any situation.
    Im just running a SRI at the moment. Dont really expect much power especially out of an FD2 Civic.
    Just want it for the noise

Drill holes into the intake pipe also unsecure it so it will vibrate and rattle more.

It will sound wicked, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    Drill holes into the intake pipe also unsecure it so it will vibrate and rattle more.

It will sound wicked, for sure.

Dead serious, also instead of joking it should be trolling.

But to be honest, you're most likely getting the maximum audible performance out of your SRI, there really won't be much difference if you keep toying with it.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    Dead serious, also instead of joking it should be trolling.

But to be honest, you're most likely getting the maximum audible performance out of your SRI, there really won't be much difference if you keep toying with it.
    Lol I googled it and thats what i could find.
    So just leave my SRI the way it is? Or should i put a valocity stack in my foglight and try to make a Cold Air Feed to it?