Member Array
    Car:
    99' civic ek

ek track suspension setup help

hey guys im looking at doing track and wanting some help with setting up the suspension, i have hardrace camber arms front and rear with gab 32 point adjustable coils front and rear sway bars

ive been mainly racing around lakeside park for now so i want a good setup for around that now i have ek hatch with a b18c2 fully stripped out etc etc i dont have a cage yet but working on it but yeah can anyone offer any info about what sort of set up i could try / use like camber and toe settings with coil stiffness etc just any info would be great i want to use the car mainly as a track/ hill climb car so yeah

any help or info would be great
    nOObest of the noob ^_^

What tyres are you looking at using? What spec are the wheels?

How experienced are you? How do you like your car [Understeer bias/Neutral/Lift Off Oversteer, Understeer under acceleration, Turns better under acceleration].

Need to know more =P
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    99' civic ek
    haha well pretty much turns better under acceleration and i havent had much exp the only time ive been out was at a lakeside gp day which was about a half day track run sorta thing and im only using road tires atm not the basic ones but more grippy ones etc i know i get a little understeer at the moment but yeah as in tire specs im running reoo2 ons but yeah and well this is why i put the post up i want to give all the info i can and get all the advice i can
    nOObest of the noob ^_^

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    There are many different ways you can go about setting up your car. You can over spring the front or rear, you can go softer on the spring rates but run more aggressive swaybars, or a combination of both.

Running on street tyres, I would personally go for a neutral type of car with slight understeer tendancies, as it is easier to get a understanding of and you know when you are pushing too hard as the car will start to understeer.
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    You haven't specified any details about your car?

Is that all you have in your first post? What about corner weights? Have they been done? What are your old wheel alignment specs? How are your bushes, are they worn? If you have shot bushes throughout the car you will not be seeing the direct change of what we "suggest", you may see the opposite or you may have to go so far to overcome the compliance in your suspension to see the net change of say 1º for example.

Car setup isn't easy, if it was there would be a given formula to do it, if you can imagine all the possible combinations of adjustment in your current car, ride height, toe, bump steer (it is adjustable to an extent), camber, tyre pressure, offset, that's alot of possible combinations. Now i'm not saying we can't help you but you should probably start by tinkering around yourself and feeling directly what the change has done and slowly update this thread with your findings, then together on here with some other experienced members you will find correlating your car to changes will be alot easier, then you go add in something new and it all changes again .

What I am getting at is, remove the variables as much as you can (ie worn bushes, or bushes that can deflect!) and it will be alot easier to track chassis changes, there is a reason why race cars have spherical joints throughout, not for "more feedback". If anything some race cars have less feedback than some non power steering hondas do! (until the tyres warm up :P)

and please people, it's not a sway bar, it's an anti roll bar, the car doesn't sway and the ARB definitely doesn't stop it from swaying.

Member Array
    Car:
    99' civic ek
    hehe but yeah i hear you man well all the bushes are fresh nolathane bushes all round, i took the car around lakeside today to push its limits i was getting about 1:08:41 which ifor street tires is apparently not too bad but yeah i had the car set up with 3 degrees camber on the front passenger side with 2.5 degrees camber on the driver my tire pressur hot was around 32-33 degrees all round so i dunno i just some help with set up etc i know going semi slicks will help heaps but yeah
    nOObest of the noob ^_^