Kermit K20A
    Just go to Repco and buy their Repco branded or a Ryco filter
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Joey, do you know how to create a datalog, this is done by connecting to the S300 and recording as you drive around? We can tell straight away if it's the tune that's causing your car to run like shit (probably is) but it may be something else causing the bad fuel economy, such as a bad temp sensor etc.

I disagree on a tuner having to completely "retune" the map for a customer that simply wants a touch up. If both tuners have half a brain, they will ramp the car in the load conditions to see how bad it is, if it's fine at high load, rpm, why change it? You're just wasting your own time and customers money. Most tuners will tune high/medium high load and leave the rest, I've spent over 2 days tuning my partial throttle map on the street to be spot on and the car drives like a champ now, I seriously don't expect this from an average "tune" that I would pay someone.. I expect it to be in the ballpark though.

Typical dyno tuning is not something you can do in 2-3 hours, OEM guys take months and months, spend millions tuning it, cold start, hot start, tip in, throttle enrichments, compensations, emissions testing, heat generation, etc. It is impossible for someone to do this on the dyno in a few hours (especially the "his a shit tuner he didn't tune my cold start but he never had the chance to start it in the cold" LOL) - BUT... you can tune it to be decent on the dyno for partial throttle and should be good enough..

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    ^^^^
    Finally...
    Some1 who actually has some sense and knows wat they talking about on here ...
    I would have posted the same, but didnt wanna waste my time with keyboard tuners...

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
    Joey, do you know how to create a datalog, this is done by connecting to the S300 and recording as you drive around? We can tell straight away if it's the tune that's causing your car to run like shit (probably is) but it may be something else causing the bad fuel economy, such as a bad temp sensor etc.

I disagree on a tuner having to completely "retune" the map for a customer that simply wants a touch up. If both tuners have half a brain, they will ramp the car in the load conditions to see how bad it is, if it's fine at high load, rpm, why change it? You're just wasting your own time and customers money. Most tuners will tune high/medium high load and leave the rest, I've spent over 2 days tuning my partial throttle map on the street to be spot on and the car drives like a champ now, I seriously don't expect this from an average "tune" that I would pay someone.. I expect it to be in the ballpark though.

Typical dyno tuning is not something you can do in 2-3 hours, OEM guys take months and months, spend millions tuning it, cold start, hot start, tip in, throttle enrichments, compensations, emissions testing, heat generation, etc. It is impossible for someone to do this on the dyno in a few hours (especially the "his a shit tuner he didn't tune my cold start but he never had the chance to start it in the cold" LOL) - BUT... you can tune it to be decent on the dyno for partial throttle and should be good enough..
    Thankyou for your input chris,
    Yes, i can get you a datalog.. of just driving around with a few WOT runs?
    Regarding the sensors, one thing i do know is that the temperature sensor is bypassed so the fan is always on..

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeey View Post
    Thankyou for your input chris,
    Yes, i can get you a datalog.. of just driving around with a few WOT runs?
    Regarding the sensors, one thing i do know is that the temperature sensor is bypassed so the fan is always on..
    in4datalog
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Did this issue get resolved ?
    The life of a 4 stroke engine
    It sucks it squeezes it bangs it blows

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    I think Adrian retuned it for him - I'm assuming it's all good in the hood now~

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    but toda is the best isnt it?
    no, jdm is best

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
    I think Adrian retuned it for him - I'm assuming it's all good in the hood now~
    They ask for advice in these threads go away and never finish the threads to let others know what the outcome was I just don't understand that.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR996 View Post
    They ask for advice in these threads go away and never finish the threads to let others know what the outcome was I just don't understand that.
    Still not sorted...
    Was booked in for a re-tune / touch-up but he's still collecting parts & changing things...
    That was about 6 months ago.
    I call him from time to time & he still plans to have it done but is busy with work.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian @ SAS View Post
    Still not sorted...
    Was booked in for a re-tune / touch-up but he's still collecting parts & changing things...
    That was about 6 months ago.
    I call him from time to time & he still plans to have it done but is busy with work.
    Good to see us old blokes still around Buddy

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Times two
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLMTR996 View Post
    Good to see us old blokes still around Buddy