Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    There is a small rubber grommet on the timing cover you can remove to gain direct access to the tensioner bolt.

You will still want to remove the valve cover and upper timing cover (two bolts) to be able to see the gears and belt when you are doing it.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Honda did it cause they the Fawkn best, that's why.
    hey guys correct me if im wrong here but arnt timing belts meant to be done every 90,000

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    hey guys correct me if im wrong here but arnt timing belts meant to be done every 90,000
    every 100,000k kms.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    100,000kms or 4 years, which ever comes first
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 200sx S14
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    There is a small rubber grommet on the timing cover you can remove to gain direct access to the tensioner bolt.

You will still want to remove the valve cover and upper timing cover (two bolts) to be able to see the gears and belt when you are doing it.
    yep saw the rubber grommet and understand that releases the tensioner bolt but removing the timing cover was the biggest pain to get off (talking about the P/S pump bracket needing to be removed before the lower cover can be removed along with the crank pulley and belts) it doesn't sound serious and the 2 Auto teachers and me agreed if the "squeak" doesnt disappear in a week we will try and retention the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    100,000kms or 4 years, which ever comes first
    funnily enough the FSM said the belt will last 168,000kms but under extreme conditions (climates above 40 deg celcius or below -29 deg celcius to replace the belt every 100,000km) but screw testing that theory lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Are u guys 100% on that i.e getting it from a service manual. Cause i know tha hyundai peugeot citron and toyota have recomended timing belt intervals of 90k

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    That is from those companies. Holden astra is 60,000km. Some cars are 120,000 or 150,000 but rule of thumb is 4 years/100,000km
    Kermit EGK20A

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    So then your reading directly from a honda service manual and they say 100 or 4 years

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Read the FSM yourself and confirm. I am only telling you what it is on average and what Gates recommend. But it seems you spend more time arguing with people then giving out helpful information
    Kermit EGK20A

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Im just trying to confirm what honda have in there service manuals, i personaly would change my timing belt sooner as i think is justified on modifed or stressed engines but since i dont have a service manual i was trying to find out what honda have printed, not what you recomend or think.

Edit: im not being argumentative, im just trying to confirm with someone who has a honda service manual as i do not.
    Also are gates the OE supplier for honda timing belts are they?
    Last edited by Daveho1; 23-06-2013 at 04:57 PM.